I paid $3.56 a gallon today

Old 03-24-08, 05:15 PM
I paid $3.56 a gallon today

That was the cash price in Rhode Island. Is there any relief?
Sorry for the rant. How can oil possibly cost more than gasoline. No road tax. Must be the delivery fee!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-08, 06:20 AM
Originally Posted by angelo1100 View Post
Sorry for the rant. How can oil possibly cost more than gasoline. No road tax. Must be the delivery fee!!!

Angelo - I bought gas in RI (Ashaway) yesterday at $3.23. Not that that is a good deal either. I wonder what it is in Hawaii.

Old 03-25-08, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by angelo1100 View Post
is that heating fuel or off road diesel fuel ??

right now i am paying just shy over 4 buck a gallon [1.06 per liter ] on diesel fuel for my heating fuel and service truck dangbat it. almost everyone in usa allready feel the pintch and we are not far behind with European prices at all they are about 5 bucks a gallon or more depending on the area and type of fuel

Merci,Marc

Old 03-25-08, 08:01 AM
When I worked in a gas station, gas was $0.16 per gal unless
we had a price war---stick around-you ain't seen nuttin yet.

Old 03-25-08, 05:22 PM
Us Canucks pay around $5.00 per gallon.

Old 03-25-08, 06:10 PM
Lightbulb Just a little FYI

My Wife and I drive a truck and run team coast to coast. Our truck holds 225 gal. of fuel and we fill nearly every day. Our truck gets anywhere from 4 1/2 to 6 1/2 mpg. depending on how heavy the load is and how many hills and mountains we have to cross. We have since slowed down to about 62mph and have increased our fuel mlg to from 5 3/4 to 7 1/2 mpg. A great savings when you are talking hundreds of gal. of fuel per week. The most expensive fuel we have found to be in Ca. and the least expensive would have to be in OKC. We spend on average around 3000 dollars a week in fuel. Remember, We are just one truck. There are thousands of us out there doing the exact same thing. You wouldn't believe how many campers, RV's and motor coaches are still out there. How high does the fuel have to go to get people to just enjoy the home they spend half there life paying for.

Old 03-25-08, 06:46 PM
@mdj2k
How many quarts does it take to sno-blow those 4' drifts
LOL

Old 03-25-08, 08:08 PM
Let's face it. We will probably never see gas under $3 a gallon again. If we don't start seriously looking at alternatives to get away from oil, we're going to be in big trouble. Watch for it to approch $200 a barrel in the next 5 years.

First, any oil not currently tapped will be more difficult and more expensive to get. This includes ANWR.

Second, the developing world, especially China and India, has created a huge increase in demand for oil compared to 10 years ago and more.

Third, the high cost of oil will drive us deeper into and keep us in a recession, one that all the low interest isn't going to counter.

We didn't learn in the 70's, when a far greater percentage of our oil was domestic. Hopefully we'll get it figured out in time.

Old 03-26-08, 02:58 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Hi Cave Man and welcome!

That's interesting to know about how much fuel it takes to run a truck...and a good point about the RV's, campers and motor homes.

I wonder what the cost for airplane fuel works out to be, considering how many passengers are on a plane?

We have the technology for alternate energy sources (and I don't mean ethanol!) just can't get the infrastructure to support them.

Here's my next run around car:
http://editorial.autos.msn.com/artic...umentid=457882

Old 03-27-08, 01:43 AM
Originally Posted by j HOWARD View Post
@mdj2k
How many quarts does it take to sno-blow those 4' drifts
LOL
We don't do quarts, we do liters ...... but it usually takes one liter of gas to do the job and one liter of rye after the job.........so about 1.5 quarts.

Old 03-27-08, 03:51 AM
Old 03-27-08, 09:22 PM
In actuallity, I rarely know what the price of gas is. I gotta have it. So I don't pay much attention to the exact price. Just that big bill every month. I just know we're in for it.

Old 03-27-08, 10:02 PM
I'm the same was as integrtor. I usually don't have a clue what the price of gas is as when I need it, I buy it. Some people obsess over it and I've seen lines 2 blocks long to save 2 cents a liter. That would work out to saving me about $1.50 per tank. Cant imagine sitting in a line for an hour to save $1.50

Old 03-27-08, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by mjd2k View Post
I'm the same was as integrtor. I usually don't have a clue what the price of gas is as when I need it, I buy it. Some people obsess over it and I've seen lines 2 blocks long to save 2 cents a liter. That would work out to saving me about $1.50 per tank. Cant imagine sitting in a line for an hour to save $1.50
I won't even fight to cross traffic for a buck 50. I wonder how much gas they use during the wait in line? About like people here used to drive to the state line (15 miles each way) to save a nickle a gallon ten years ago, when the taxes made their gas cheaper. Duh!

Old 03-28-08, 04:12 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I'm all for saving what I can on fuel prices. When I have my thinking cap on I check the prices at the various gas stations I pass, which gives me a good idea as to where I should stop when I need to part with my money ........ but I won't get in line given a choice.

Old 04-02-08, 12:59 AM
different states have different gas state sales taxes as well...so its not all apples to apples...pa its about .32/gal

nothing really you can do..i just dont go out if i have to