Did we offend?

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-08, 06:44 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Did we offend?

What happened to the pit bull post? We must have really hit some nerves for it to totally disappear. Isn't that a little bit like censoring?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-08, 10:04 PM
Since when is tactful deletion of objectionable discord censorship. I was highly offended. I was unable to eat, sleep, or regain my composure due to the recent controversy. I wept uncontrollably for hours on end. They hospitalized my left side, but my right side refused to go. It wasn't until the material was removed that a angelic choirs restored civilized society.

Old 05-29-08, 03:03 AM
Originally Posted by 2000 View Post
Since when is tactful deletion of objectionable discord censorship. I was highly offended. I was unable to eat, sleep, or regain my composure due to the recent controversy. I wept uncontrollably for hours on end. They hospitalized my left side, but my right side refused to go. It wasn't until the material was removed that a angelic choirs restored civilized society.
I'm glad that the angels finally came to your rescue.......
Now that you have regained your composure--you might
turn your thaughts to starting a third political party--
that way you could tactfully delete objectional discord.

Old 05-29-08, 06:16 AM
It's not the first time. Funny that it only seems to happen when it's a mod that is offended.

What started as a couple of simple questions morphed into other areas and then there was some name calling and the thread turned into something that wasn't right for this forum.

Old 05-29-08, 07:58 AM
Group Moderator
I didn't pay much attention to that thread so I don't know who was offended or how off-base it got, but I can tell you a lot of material offensive to the general membership are edited and/or removed and the poster warned, suspended, or banned without regard to whether the offended party is a Mod or not.

Old 05-29-08, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator
Funny that it only seems to happen when it's a mod that is offended.
It was removed because at least one member wanted it to go away, not because I was offended.

Old 05-29-08, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator
I removed the thread because what started as a discussion on dangerous dogs turned into what I consider rude and offensive comments by some.
There were comments made that appeared to intentionally stir a negative reaction.
My personal feelings towards the subject had no bearing on moving the thread.

Because I sense more negative reaction and potentially rude comments I am closing this thread.

If people hold views that could be offensive to some they should get their reactions somewhere else!

Closed Thread

Search this Thread