You contractors crack me up LOL

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-08, 05:16 PM
You contractors crack me up LOL

This "contractor" was given 1/2 up front in CASH wayyyyyy back in May. It is now end of August and still not done with a job that consisted of only 9 basic windows, sliding patio door, and laminate counter tops.
He is finally claiming that the job will be done tomorrow evening- and said we will then discuss "final payment"-that is the part that cracks me up as he specifically told me in the beginning that there "isn't any reason this job shouldnt take longer then two weeks" Now I knew it wouldnt be done in two weeks, but 4 months is just wayyyyyyyy to long.
He keeps blaming his supplier for the windows never being available. LMAO. BS!!
He said wayyyyyy back then "Hey I got your windows"- Well why not get all nine??? well either way he screwed up and I'll be DAMNED if I pay the other half right away. He will get small payments for the next 4 months. Now IM in control and he must pay the price.
I hae heard of so many horror stories, but this happened to me. Shame on you people who expect special treatment because you cant handle the work. I understand u people need to keep bringing in work to keep getting paid, but that's not our problem when u cant deliver as promised

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-08, 05:41 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Huh. Everyone I know around here is extremely conscientious and work long hours and some moonlight, and try to do perfect work, on time. Sorry to hear of your plight. But it does happen. We all know that. One lady I built a deck for, years ago, in another state, and remodeled on her house, gave me the job because the first guy she hired ran off with her money and never ever even showed up.

Old 08-19-08, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator
U people? Who are you exactly talking about PTN? Did you get referrals on this guy? Why would you pay 1/2 up front? How bout a contract, with goals and milestones? Why are you even considering paying him the full amount?

Verbal contracts are only as good as the parties involved. If it wasn't verbal, then go to court.

What is this, an episode of "Flip that House"?

Geez, and I'm not even in the trades.....

Old 08-19-08, 05:51 PM
"YOU CONTRACTORS" lumps us all together. As indicated, most of us are very conscientious, professional, licensed, and insured. Most homeowners do their homework, getting multiple bids, references and checking them out, verifying licensure and insurance. Just because there are a few bad apples, it is no reason to declare the whole bushel as bad. Shame on you for not doing your homework. You will find that the contractors on these forums are among the best and highly respected in their industries.

Old 08-19-08, 05:51 PM
Its almost impossible not to chime in on this one. I read your other posts. Its pretty obvious that your a newbie. To what level I don't know or care to speculate. Everybody starts out with 0 knowledge. You either learn it by doing it with failure and success....or read about it somewhere and pretend your an expert. I don't mean to insult you.....but it sounds like you forgot the number one rule in any "business" deal. Use common sense and good judgement.

Some questions that come to mind:

1. If you paid the guy cash, was it a legit transaction? >>>Or did it go something like....."Hey dude, I got a line on some good windows I can put in your house. I got them from a job and can do the work if you pay me cash ( Don't tell my boss).

2. Is the installer a licensed, insured professional....with tools, vehicle, advertising,liability insurance, etc and all of the other costs associated with running a legitimate operation?

3. If the installer is legit, then do you have some type of written agreement as to the particulars of the work involved?

If you answered NO to any of the above questions, then SHAME ON YOU !
This forum is loaded with plenty of professionals who freely give advice with nothing asked for in return. So, do the right thing.....get educated, make a legit contract with a professional and move on. Septicguy

Old 08-19-08, 06:11 PM
Group Moderator
Looks to me like a thread that the moderators will soon DELETE. Nothing helpful... no real question has been asked... just someone venting. Not the kind of posts this forum needs.

Old 08-19-08, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by septicguy View Post
This forum is loaded with plenty of professionals who freely give advice with nothing asked for in return. So, do the right thing.....get educated, make a legit contract with a professional and move on. Septicguy
I could not have said it better myself. Bill62

Old 08-19-08, 06:14 PM
[QUOTE=Gunguy45;1415805]U people? Did you get referrals on this guy? Why would you pay 1/2 up front? How bout a contract, with goals and milestones? Why are you even considering paying him the full amount?

Verbal contracts are only as good as the parties involved. If it wasn't verbal, then go to court.

I agree 100%!!! I hate to see people get taken. But you did not do your home work so I can't put all the blame on your jack leg!

Closed Thread

Search this Thread