Election day

Old 11-04-08, 09:22 AM
Election day

It must be election day--the frigging phone has stopped
ringgggging.....................

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-08, 09:44 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I hope everyone is taking the opportunity to exercise their constitutional right to vote!

It has been all over the news about the long lines and here locally, everyone that participated in early voting - had long lines. I went about 9am today and only had 1 person in front of me although I noticed the parking lot was starting to fill up as I left.

Old 11-04-08, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator
Yup, I was there as soon as it opened with no line ups.

Old 11-04-08, 10:57 PM
Greg, if you live in Manitoba, how come you get to vote in the US? Dont' tell me you winter in Manitoba!!!

Old 11-05-08, 04:09 AM
Super Moderator
Naw, just seeing if anyone was awake!
I have an interest in your election but its process is quite complicated.

Our federal election requires you to make an X in a box with in our area a choice of three candidates.

Old 11-05-08, 04:44 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I wondered about that - I thought maybe our neighbors to the north were having their own election and I was just ignorant enough not to have know about it

Old 11-05-08, 06:12 AM
Originally Posted by GregH View Post
Naw, just seeing if anyone was awake!
I have an interest in your election but its process is quite complicated.

Our federal election requires you to make an X in a box with in our area a choice of three candidates.

We were too busy to notice.......
Around here even the robbers took the day off--

X-Y-ZED----------

Old 11-05-08, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by marksr View Post
I wondered about that - I thought maybe our neighbors to the north were having their own election and I was just ignorant enough not to have know about it
Mark, we did just have a federal election about 3 weeks ago!! As you know, Stephen Harper is the Prime Minister again. He beat out Stephane Dion of course.
I don't blame you for not knowing about our election. Most people here are more into Obama vs Mcain than our own election. The hype is/was incredible!

Old 11-06-08, 04:48 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
JHoward, I went up to our weekend rental cabin yesterday (which hasn't been occupied in a couple of weeks) to do some straightening up, and the answering machine had 32 messages. I thought, wow, until I listened to them. Every one was policital in nature. Why is it we have a Do Not Call list that everyone EXCEPT politicians must adhere to if you are registered???? I love it....pass a law that excludes you.
Gotta go deal with the Three Horsemen of the Apocalypse, good luck.

Old 11-09-08, 12:24 PM
I am glad that I don't live in a battleground state. Received very few political calls. What a surprise, nobody that I voted for won. The plight of being a Libertarian I guess.

Old 11-10-08, 06:15 AM
Group Moderator
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
Why is it we have a Do Not Call list that everyone EXCEPT politicians must adhere to if you are registered???? I love it....pass a law that excludes you.
Charities also exempt and if you're a business anyone can call you any time they want. Got a robocall to my business line 8:30 Sunday night.
The Do Not Call list is a joke.

Maybe in 2012 Florida won't be a battleground and we can take a pass on the 10 minutes per hour of political ads on the radio all day long every day for a month before the election.

Funny statistic from Election Day. I think Congress and Senate approval rating is about 30% yet 95% of them were re-elected. "He might be a worthless Representative (or Senator), but by God he's OUR worthless Representative (or Senator)".

Old 11-10-08, 03:32 PM
Yeah, my Senator thought it was going to be a shoo in for him. After all he's been Senator for a long time and he does "good" work. He woke up on Nov. 5 in a runoff with a Democrat. I guess enough people saw through his "business as usual" attitude.
I wish more had wake up calls this year. Maybe we'll see a "change" in who we have left.