Christms music on the radio

Old 11-26-08, 02:17 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Christms music on the radio

One of my local radio stations has started playing only Christmas music since last Friday. Is it possible for the FCC to revoke the license of a radio station 3 weeks for every week before Christmas week that plays only Christmas music. If I had to listen to this station constantly I would probably shoot my radio.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-08, 02:59 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I have a stepson who works in a grocery store who has the same complaint.... only he can't get away from it until he clocks out.

I've only heard a few Christmas songs in the last week or so but I still can't get over our local big lots having stocked an aisle with Christmas junk back in august

Old 11-26-08, 03:11 PM
last friday its been playing here sense almost the beginning of November. don't play it till after thanksgiving.

Old 11-26-08, 04:03 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Isn't the week before Christmas more than enough time to hear Christmas music? It amazes me that just about everyone has recorded a Chritmas music CD with the exception of the punk bands I listen to.

Old 11-26-08, 06:45 PM
The company I work for requires stores to all play one local radio station.The station plays nonstop Xmas music from Thanksgiving until New Years.

Eventually you just don't hear it anymore.You kind of become numb to it and just try to stay busy and not think about it.

Old 11-29-08, 11:18 AM
For me it would depend upon the definition of "Christmas" music. There are probably thousands of pieces of music that were composed for the Christmas season and most of it is beautiful music.

However, if by "Christmas" music you mean those horrible Dolly Parton renditions then even one playing is too many.

Old 11-29-08, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator
I remember when I worked at the Big Box, they started on Thanksgiving back then. Drove me crazy for the first 2 days, then I mentally blocked it out. They played it til New Years IIRC.

Was in the local one 1 1/2 weeks ago..they already had it on I think.