HowTo Unscribe from the DIY Newsletter?

Old 01-01-09, 01:49 PM
HowTo Unscribe from the DIY Newsletter?

Sorry List to bother you with this!
I subscribed to the newsletter on my mother's computer.
She wants to get rid of this newsletter.

Surely there is a simpler mechanism than to blacklist the site!
Frank K

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-09, 02:09 PM
In each email you receive, there will be a link to unsubscribe.

Old 01-01-09, 03:45 PM
twelvepole, thanks for the response!
Is it possible to get a newsletter unsubscrib link posted?
The XP Microsoft Outlook mailtool won't open the newsletter. The newsletter comes with a funny looking header. When I try to open the newsletter I get this:

Canít open this item. Operations on message headers can not be performed in this folder. All message headers in this folder will be deleted. OK!
Frank K

Old 01-01-09, 04:32 PM
Website had undergone some updates recently. It seems every time there are updates, there are glitches. For instance, the clock is waaay off. So, you may have discovered another glitch.

If we experience any technical problems with DoItYourself.com, we are supposed to report them to

Sorry you are having such problems with our website. Be patient and hopefully your mom will soon be relieved of the newsletter.

Old 01-01-09, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator
Click on the "user CP" at the top left, then pick "edit your details", then scroll down to the bottom and uncheck the box thats says "receive DIY newsletter".

Old 01-01-09, 08:00 PM
shadeladie,
Thank you for instructions. I was able to uncheck the newsletter box like you described.

FYI, the "crazy looking" message header on my newsletter looks similar to some that are associated with digitally signed messages or sime kind of credential authentication.

If there are more than one such header in a Microsoft Outlook folder, the tool does in fact delete all such headers in that folder.

Frank K

Old 01-01-09, 08:31 PM
My first impulse was to go to User CP, but I don't subscribe, so I did not see the option to click to unsubscribe. I don't understand that our poster can not click the unsubscribe option on his mother's newsletter and get results.

Old 01-02-09, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator
I'm not so sure the unsubscribe in the user CP will work. I unchecked that a while back (and verified it when I saw this post) and I still receive it. Maybe that only is for the initial setup? Or it quit working when signatures was changed?

Most E-mail programs have spam filters don't they? Marking something as spam sends all subsequent messages from that sender to the spam folder, at least on my accounts.
Maybe that would be a temporary fix for the OP?

Search this Thread