T.g.i.f.!!!!

Old 01-09-09, 02:55 PM
Group Moderator
T.g.i.f.!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-09, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator
That looks like a fun hook-up....at least theres no snow on the ground. And at least the boat is floating........

Old 01-09-09, 03:42 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Is that as close as you could get to him? Bet that made your week. I know you're gonna tell us how it happened.

Old 01-09-09, 05:40 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Did you have your alligator repellant with you?

Old 01-09-09, 08:04 PM
reminds me of the call I got during my second week as a tow driver, the boss called me and said meet the owner out at lake Thunderbird and bring my wet suit (which I didn't have) when I got out there I saw a guy standing in the water up to his waist about 50' from shore, when i enquired what was going on he told me he was standing on the roof of his fathers p/u. it seems dad and the 3yr old grandson had been fishing and when it came time to pull the boat back in grand dad left the grandson sitting in the cab of the truck as he was hooking the boat up to the trailer, grandson pulled the truck into reverse (it was ildleing) and it backed into the water, of course the moss on the ramp kept him from stoping it and driving back out of the water, he was able to get the kid out of the truck but the truck, trailer and attached boat floated out about 50ft and then sank, the son swam out and tied a life jacket to the mirror so I could locate the truck, I dragged a cable out and hooked the bumper and pulled it out then back to the impound yard so the owner could contact his insurance co. what a fun day.

life begins when the kids leave home and the dog dies

Old 01-09-09, 08:12 PM
by the way tg, fill us in on the story please. love the picture.

Murphy was an optimist

Old 01-10-09, 12:43 PM
OMG... that's a real bumber!!

Old 01-10-09, 05:27 PM
Group Moderator
I didn't really get the whole story, but "fishing" and "beer" were in there somewhere. This was actually right behind the guy's house. It's hard to tell from the picture, but the water is considerably lower than where I had the wrecker parked, about a 15' drop maybe and the ground is pretty sandy, so I stayed on high ground and ran the 100' of cable out almost to the end and added two 8' chains. I didn't have to go in the water fortunately (he'd have had to reach for the American Express card for that), so didn't even get my feet wet. The owner pulled his shirt off and put on a pair of swim goggles and did the fun part. After he waded out to the front of the truck it took him four tries to get hooked; the front of the truck had sunk in the sandy bottom so the bumper was almost resting on the bottom. Before we started, while he was talking about having to go in the water I pointed out he was lucky the weather was too cool for the gators. BTW it was late in the day (sun almost down) and air temp about 70. Don't know what the water temp would be, but probably 55-60 I would think at best.

He knocked the previous #1 off the top of the Delta Sierra list:

Old 01-10-09, 05:46 PM
wish we'd had digital camers when i was driving a wrecker i could have had some great photos, had a guy who's wife drove their two wheel drive blazer into a giant mud hole out on the canadian river once, l made him get in the mud and hook the recovery hook to the vehicle and told him I was not responsible for damage to the vehicle pulling it out of the mud (over the wheels)

the only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.

Old 01-10-09, 05:56 PM
Those fast floods get you every time.

Old 01-10-09, 07:28 PM
He was going to drive all the way across. BUT, the sign did say No Wake.

Travis

Old 01-12-09, 03:11 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Did he say "Well I beeped but the lake didn't move out of my way."