Funny animal rights activist

Old 01-19-09, 02:54 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Talking Funny animal rights activist

One famous animal rights activist, disremember who not too long ago said that humans were the only species to drink the milk from another species. Has this person ever had a cat or watched a Tom & Jerry cartoon? My cats love milk from cows, but I think that must be a universal liking among cats.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-09, 03:39 PM
Group Moderator
Growing up we had a neighbor with both cats and dogs that lived together peacefully in the same house. Occasionally one of the mama dogs and one of the mama cats would have a litter at about the same time. It wasn't unusual to see a puppy feeding at the momma cat or a kitten feeding at the momma dog.

Old 01-19-09, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator
Goats...same thing....the cats would crowd around when it was time to milk them.

Old 01-19-09, 04:51 PM
Not sure about the milk thingy, but humans are the only animals who fear death. Think about it. Your dog would attack a bear and risk death without a second thought.
And animals don't have "rights". We have the responsibility to take care of them, but "rights", just can't find that in the Constitution.

Old 01-19-09, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator
Well they have the right to be treated kindly and not be abused and mistreated just because some heartless, cruel jerks have a hair up their butts!

:SA:

Old 01-20-09, 04:34 AM
We'll be shut down if we start a pi**ing contest about this, but too many of the "animal" groups think and exercise a theory that animals are superior to humans and that they have constitutional "rights" that must be protected over and beyond those of humans. They don't, period.
We as humans have the responsibility to keep them safe, feed them, and nurture them, and, yes, harvest them responsibly.
I am an animal lover. I have 3 dogs, 3 cats and 13 chickens. I hunt and fish, and see no conflict of interest.
I have confronted people who are mistreating animals (and I win all my fights) in order to protect the animal, mainly because, as you say some jerk "owns" them. Staking a dog out in a yard is abuse in my book. If you can't afford to give them a decent place to live, don't acquire them.
One of our dogs was a rescue. He was raised for 3 years in a cage. He didn't even know how to negotiate steps. When cut loose in our fenced in 4 acre front yard, he ran for 10 solid minutes. He had never run before.
OK, soapbox collapsed.

Old 01-20-09, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator
Well then, I apologize for yelling at you and good for you!

Old 01-20-09, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator
Chandler...yer going to have to get another chicken...thats an unlucky number...lol

Old 01-20-09, 12:20 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
....but how many chickens will there be after sunday dinner?

Old 01-20-09, 01:44 PM
Funny animal rights activist

If it was not for mother's cooking and the desireablity of chickens for meals, there would be no chickens since there would be no reason to raise them. - The other animals would see to that quickly and they would become extinct naturally.

Old 01-20-09, 02:23 PM
2 of the 3 cats at my house were feral as kittens, third is a funny story. He kicked his mother out of the house and she moved down the street due to a neighbor having a cat door. Yes, I am talking about a cat, not a human.

Old 01-20-09, 03:34 PM
GG, didn't think about that. I could get another one, or have Sunday lunch early. NOP, same thing happened to our rather large solid black cat. He just took up at our house one day and stayed. I didn't know until recently he belonged to a neighbor. He told me one day his kids had been terrorizing him, so he jumped the fence into our property and never went home.