Political humor

Old 02-12-09, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator
Lets be realistic...do you want tomatoes, strawberries and such that cost $4 a pound? Or concrete that is twice as expensive to lay as it was before?

A worker program is needed.

I'm all about border control...but a program needs to be in place for those who want to work.

99.9% of the illegals I've known...just want to work and provide for their families. If you've ever seen the conditions some of these folks down south of the border live in, you would probably have a different viewpoint.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-09, 04:38 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I agree!! The fact is, most of the working illegals are working jobs that the average citizen does not want to do..... although that might change if the reccession gets bad enough

Old 02-12-09, 05:37 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by marksr View Post
I agree!! The fact is, most of the working illegals are working jobs that the average citizen does not want to do..... although that might change if the reccession gets bad enough
Yeah, and if an American tries to apply for a job normally done by illegals, the American company don't hire them. Saw on the news not too long ago, just can't seem to locate the stories.

Also, you know our country is going down the tubes when over a million illegals return back to s.america because we have no work......

FOXNews.com - Illegal Immigrants Returning to Mexico in Record Numbers - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Old 02-12-09, 11:19 PM
Also, you know our country is going down the tubes when over a million illegals return back to s.america because we have no work...
Tubes? What tubes? I do not see any tubes? How many tubes are there? Are there single tubes for each state?

Seriously, if you had lived in another country you would not write this. I am originally from eastern Europe and I am so glad to be an American now.

Old 02-13-09, 06:26 AM
Luana,

This is the first time most of us Americans have seen this country in the state it is in. I know this country is the best place to live still, and I'm very proud to be an American. I'm not proud of how these corporate boguls devestated our economy by being greedy and unlawful.

Old 02-13-09, 03:20 PM
The main problem I have had with illegals is the fact they cannot bother to learn English. I have lost 2 jobs because I cannot speak Spanish, which frankly shouldn't have to be expected in New England.

Old 02-13-09, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator
Well..I've been pretty much all over the world. South America, Africa, Europe (Spain, Italy, Norway, Sweden, Germany..etc,etc), Japan, Indonesia...and more.

Why do they all (ok, many of them) speak some English..and most uf us can't speak even a little bit of their language?

Hmmmmmm.....

Old 02-13-09, 08:17 PM
Launa,
Too to tutu funny!

Old 02-13-09, 10:53 PM
nap
Originally Posted by marksr View Post
BS. All the jobs were being done before the illegals started coming over and they would be done if the illegals left. What the real problem is; the illegals will work for less and demand less (safety, labor laws, etc.) than the Americans. It has nothing to do with jobs the average American will or will not do.

Originally Posted by nightowlpunk View Post
The main problem I have had with illegals is the fact they cannot bother to learn English. I have lost 2 jobs because I cannot speak Spanish, which frankly shouldn't have to be expected in New England.
My argument to this is; do you realize there is no national language in the US? In fact, there is a presidential order in place that requires all governmental agencies to provide all official forms in any persons native language, or provide an interpreter for them. In Oklahoma, I believe, there was a case (probably still going on) where a man was suing the government on behalf of his relatives from the middle east that were refused the interpreter or native language forms at a drivers license bureau. If nothing else, I would demand all understand the language the signs are written in. It has nothing to do with being politically correct. It is a matter of safety.

As to the private sector; there can be no laws controlling what language a private employer requires an employee to be able to communicate in.

Old 02-14-09, 03:50 PM
Free Citizenship.
Due to the recent melt down of our economic and finical systems, and our inept bungling, first, we offer our sincerest apology. In the days ahead, during the multitude of your suffering, please remember our words: “We're Deeply Sorry”. Let them be your comfort. But we feel compelled to make it up to you, so we offer each and every member of the human race United States citizenship. Your tax bill will follow. Let it be your yoke. (After all, if you can't exploit the poor, weak, and down trodden, what good are they). (Who said anything about sharing a piece of the pie – I mean, that implies a seat at the same table, and an equitable monitory and exchange system, not just continuation of the same one that has plagued mankind for eons).

Great change is on it's way.
The thunderous jingle jangle jingle sound you hear is the infusion of trillions of dollars into an insolvent finical system. Never mind that our leaders should be terrified of reprisal for bringing about this mess in the first place, or that they will rely on the usual henchmen habituated to their beck and call over the years when they declare martial law (for the good of the nation, of course. “Officer Riley, why did you shoot my granny”? “ I did it for the good of the nation, and because she had a pitch fork in her hands”.)

Estate Sale.
The United States of America is having it's first ever Estate Sale. Uncle Ben passed away and we have no need for the ideals and trinkets he held dear. And besides that, he owned a lot of surplus land. The conceit of the stimulus plan was that we could live by our wits alone. We now realize that a bohemian bureaucracy is not a export product and that world competition for both service and technology sectors limits their value as a reliable revenue base. In hindsight, instead of further eroding our foundation of manufacturing and small businesses maybe we should have shored them up, like Uncle Ben would have done. But that was his world. This is ours. Anyway, we would like to sell you Uncle Ben's land, for you to have your way with it, and this dirty torn old flag. I don't remember the months or the days, but Uncle Ben used to haul it out and fly it high on that pole over there. Oh, by the way, the pole is for sale also.

Old 02-14-09, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator
Well...where was the political humour in any of this?

We have what we have...deal with it til the next time you get a chance to change what you don't like.

@2000...this isn't personal...but...man..you just need to relax..or you'll die far too young.

Live...work...survive....

Old 02-15-09, 09:20 AM
Apparently those punch lines to a self inflicted joke were not up to snuff. Maybe a single prophetic punch line will do:

(1867) Karl Marx
"Owners of capital will stimulate working class to buy more and more of expensive goods, houses and technology, pushing them to take more and more expensive credits, until their debt becomes unbearable. The unpaid debt will lead to bankruptcy of banks, which will have to be nationalized, and State will have to take the road which will eventually lead to communism".

Apathy, never is personal. No offense taken.