Gran Torino (Movie)

Old 01-31-09, 04:37 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Gran Torino (Movie)

Just went and saw Clint Eastwoods new movie, Gran Torino. I must say, it was VERY good.

Anybody else seen it?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-09, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator
No movie theatre here...looking forward to it though.

Old 01-31-09, 06:05 PM
Group Moderator
Haven't seen it yet, but I know the reviews have been pretty good. Don't think I ever saw an Eastwood movie I didn't like.

Old 02-01-09, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator
Ya, this movie WAS on the top of my list of things to see when I traveled to my home city a couple of weeks ago on the opening night to boot!
Unfortunately our families seem to have our entire visit planned when we go there.

We love all our family but geeze.

We have to make another trip in a couple of weeks and I almost have my wife convinced to not tell anyone we are coming.
A visit to the Antique Clothing Museum might close the deal.

Old 02-02-09, 05:00 AM
Admin Emeritus
Thumbs up Highly Recommended

I agree. EXCELLENT movie!.........

I'm not a movie goer, so to speak, but I highly doubt I have ever missed seeing one of his movies or not liking any of Clint Eastwood's movies. This one is certainly no exception.

Highly recommend seeing it. And then you too will also know why it's his last movie. Go see it! Well worth it! Can't go to see it? Then rent it when it becomes available.

Old 02-02-09, 08:33 AM
Great movie. Kinda corny but its just a sit back and be entertained movie.

Old 02-06-09, 03:52 PM
It's kind of funny that as a commercial cleaner who cleans a movie theater who gets to go to the movies free once a week never goes. The last movie I went to see was the Mist, based on the Stephen King book in November '07. I personally feel that the movie and advertising industries are in a joint campaign to dumb down America and then the world.

Old 02-06-09, 04:24 PM
I personally feel that the movie and advertising industries are in a joint campaign to dumb down America and then the world.
I think there is a lot of truth to that statement.

BTW, I haven't been in a movie theater for more than ten years. I don't need the sticky floors, crying babies, people talking, too loud background music of today's movies combined with the too quiet dialogue. I'm MUCH happier watching movies in the comfort of my own home.

Old 02-06-09, 06:04 PM
:Take One:...................................

Old 02-07-09, 09:14 AM
Went to a movie last night in Palm Springs. Parents sat while their kids crawled or ran up and down the aisles, went up to the front under the screen and played. Not just one family, but 3 or 4. Just the idea that parents sat and shouted at the kids was strange. After awhile I became used to it and was able to watch the show. Is this common? It was a cheap theatre and the early show so I'm thinking people just do this now. It was a friday night and families were together with no one getting boozed up so maybe its a good thing. Just different I guess.

Old 02-07-09, 10:40 AM
Little kids should not be seeing this movie to begin with, so that tells you what kind of parenting was going on there......

The movie theater we go to (Warren Theaters) has a very strict policy on things like this, cell phones, talking etc. They will kick you out immediatly if you are interupting the movie. That's why I like going to this theater....that and they have a bar and beverage service as you watch the movie.

Old 02-09-09, 02:28 PM
If kids aren't allowed at movies that would be great. Every time a Shrek or movie like that comes out, I have the dubious honor of scraping up half a dustpan of half- chewed candy off of the floor. As an added bonus, I occasionally get some paint up or once in a while a chunk of concrete when scraping these candies off of the floor. Also I wouldn't be able to throw out the pacifiers and odd baby bottle I find. The adult movies have more interesting stuff left behind, like occasional paper money, jewelery, and packs of cigarettes that I give to friends since I quit smoking about 7 months ago.

Old 02-12-09, 03:18 AM
It's a great movie. Very entertaining.

Search this Thread