Super bore 1/2 time show....

Old 02-01-09, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator
Super bore 1/2 time show....

Not a foots-a-ma-ball fan, but I had to watch, to be able to speak to my neighbors w/o looking like a complete dork.....

But...was that a great 1/2 time show or what???? Sure, Bruce has lost some voice...but...wow..took me back a few years..like 30 or so!

Should be a concert video......

Oh...and no "wardrobe malfunctions"....TG!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-09, 11:44 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Then how come you titled the thread the way you did?

Frankly I could not bear to listen to him, so I turned him off, after I heard all I cared to hear and find out about how he can('t) sing (any more). I can't see patronizing some has-been.

Old 02-21-09, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator
Now someone replies? lol

Actually, I wrote that right after the 1/2 time show, before the game improved. Turned out to be a good contest. btw Super bore meant the game... Super Bowl....Super Bore...see? Besides..it was already Beer-thirty...lol

And I guess I meant, I'd rather hear him grind out a few classics than watch the boy band/girl group of the moment come out, lip sync and dance around.

Old 02-21-09, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Gunguy45 View Post
Now someone replies? lol
I have not been too much of a regular on this sub-forum. Saw you had no responses, and you, of all people, that respond to and try to help so many posters, deserved at least ONE response.

Actually, I wrote that right after the 1/2 time show, before the game improved. Turned out to be a good contest. btw Super bore meant the game... Super Bowl....Super Bore...see? Besides..it was already Beer-thirty...lol
Well, ya, it turned out to be a good contest. It turned out to be a game where I feel that almost no matter how long that game went, the person who last had the ball would win. You can't get any more close than that. (Although, I think maybe Kurt Warner could have ended up pulling it out in the end, as he and Fitzgerald started to click.)

And I guess I meant, I'd rather hear him grind out a few classics than watch the boy band/girl group of the moment come out, lip sync and dance around.
I kind of know what you mean. We are now the old farts compared to the young generation. And we, like our parents and grandparents before us, who didn't "get into" OUR music -we can't get into theirs. Although?.......SOME of it I do, actually. But, they could have gone halfway and picked.......Madonna? THAT could have been interesting.

Old 02-21-09, 12:48 PM
gg, loved the game and most of the time love watching fb, but the half time shows just bore me to tears, however a bunch of us from the scout troop watch them together so at half time we ususally are visiting and don't get bored with the idots who are passed off as singers.

Murphy was an optimist

Old 02-21-09, 04:39 PM
Group Moderator
Originally Posted by Gunguy45 View Post
I'm with you; as half-time shows go it was pretty good and at least somebody who I'd heard of and was entertaining (what a concept).

Now if they could just find somebody who could sing the National Anthem without making it sound like a funeral march......Beer 4U2

Old 02-22-09, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by the_tow_guy View Post
I'm with you; as half-time shows go it was pretty good and at least somebody who I'd heard of and was entertaining (what a concept).

Now if they could just find somebody who could sing the National Anthem without making it sound like a funeral march......Beer 4U2
There HAVE been singers who have REALLY jazzed up the national anthem to the point where I think some of my religious relatives might roll over in the grave.

And one singer, at some fairly recent past event, I think forgot the words, if I'm not mistaken.