Uniform sizing anyone?

Old 03-20-09, 10:50 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Uniform sizing anyone?

I bought two pairs of cargo shorts recently. They are different brands. One pair is Eddie Bauer, the other are Lee Dungarees. They are both size 34. The Eddie Bauer shorts are very tight, the Lee shorts are only held by my hips if the belt that came with them is undone. Since Men's sizes are done by inches, how could this happen? I have heard horror stories about different sizes with the same # in Women's clothing, but this is the first time I ever came across this.

Don't have too much fun because that could be dangerous!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-09, 11:57 AM
Yeah I think it's a combination of imported clothing as most is now and the so-called over sized look being popular.

I'm a small guy and size small is all over the map when it comes to clothes.It drives me crazy.

I actually take a medium in a t-shirt but give me a medium in anything else and it looks like I'm wearing a tent.

The tight shorts might have shrunk.That's another part of the deal.Some things shrink some stretch.

Old 03-20-09, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator
It's because they're made overseas now, instead of America! Different workshops will have their idea of sizing and that's why it can vary so much. I have ordered the same pair of Jeans from the same catalog, same size but different shades, and they'll all fit differently.
You really need to try things on nowadays.

Old 03-20-09, 12:03 PM
Group Moderator
Once bought five pairs of work pants all the same brand all labeled my waist and leg size. When I got home only two fit. Since then I have often observed this buying jeans. Same brand, factory size tag stating size yet hold them up to each and waist and/or leg are different by a couple of inches. I have started taking a tape measure with me. Before leaving home I measure a pair of pants I know fit and compare to the one I'm buying.

Old 03-20-09, 12:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I have a friend that use to work in an underwear factory. He told me if they had an order to ship out 2000 but only had 1500 and no time to make up the difference, they would relabel a size smaller/larger so they could ship a full order

If they did it, it stands to reason that the makers of other clothing might do the same.

Old 03-20-09, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator
So this is the reason all my clothes seem to fit tighter...bad labels! I feel better now...lemme go make another sandwich.

Old 03-20-09, 04:53 PM
Noooo, Gordo, it's what's in the sandwich!

Old 03-21-09, 11:30 PM
Yah I'll try on 30 pairs of pants at 10 different stores before I find a 34 that kinda fits.

Old 03-22-09, 05:45 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
If you walk to those 10 stores, you might find a 32 that fits
I'd be happy to find a 34 to fit me

Old 03-22-09, 12:25 PM
Or I could just buy the 36s and be done

Old 03-22-09, 02:42 PM
20 some years ago I used to wear a 34 length jean. But now have to wear a 32. I am not sure if I shrunk, or if the 34's were never really 34, at least in that part of the country at that particular time. And I used to have to wear 10 1/2 shoes and now they do not fit, and I need 11's. And often wide ones, at that. Although I think as you age, your feet sort of flatten out and get wider with age, and you need a longer lengthy to make up for that.

Old 03-22-09, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator
Yep...you shrink in height, your feet get wider, your butt disappears...but I think it moves to your gut. Or is that just beer?

Man-boobs anyone? LOL

Search this Thread