Careful What You Post. Google Is Watching

Old 03-29-09, 03:03 PM
Group Moderator
Careful What You Post. Google Is Watching

Every once in a while you see a post from a member who is determined not to follow code or have already created an unsafe conditions. I don't know if it has ever happened yet but I can easily imagine an insurance claims investigator Googeling for posts by a DIYer claimant. Don't know if the posts would ultimately be court admissible but could surely see them being used as an excuse to hold up a claim.

What do you think, likely or not?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-09, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator
I don't think they would care that much..unless it was millions at stake. I would imagine they would look and document what they could prove..and thats about it.

Old 03-29-09, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator
These forums are aimed at homeowners who DIY.
Generally homeowners are insured against stupidity.

We go out of our way to advise folks who try to DIY their commercial premises or rented homes to keep their hands off if they are working on something dangerous..
These would surely be liable if they messed up.

Old 03-29-09, 05:11 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
And since our identities are not posted, the documents are worthless, since you can't cross examine a document.

Old 03-29-09, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
And since our identities are not posted, the documents are worthless, since you can't cross examine a document.
dont count on being anonymous

Hundreds who posted views on sex assault trial targeted in Tarrant suit | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News

FORT WORTH Hundreds of people who posted their opinions of a sexual assault trial in an online forum are now the targets of a lawsuit.
The authors of those comments on a Web site thought they were anonymous, but this week, a judge ruled their names should be revealed.

Old 03-30-09, 05:22 AM
Group Moderator
Guess I shouldn't make any cracks about Obama firing the General Motors CEO; liable to get a visit from the FBI.