Please help with this challenging problem

Old 03-30-09, 02:18 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Talking Please help with this challenging problem

Over the years, I have been baffled by one feature in virtually every magazine that I have ever read. That would be the renewal cards put in the magazines. How on earth can you enclose payment in a single postcard? If anyone can figure this out, they ought to win a Nobel prize.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-09, 03:31 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Wasn't there just a thread about this?

Old 03-31-09, 04:17 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I always thought those renewal cards were just there to be used as a bookmark

Old 03-31-09, 08:33 AM
Yeah I've noticed those cards indicate either "cash enclosed" or "bill me later". I'm assuming the folks who want to be billed later simply indicate such and send the postpaid card in. If you want to pay now, obviously you have to address an envelope and enclose your payment in addition to the card inside the envelope. Then you put your own stamp on the envelope. Maybe the magazine companies figure most folks will take the "pay later" option, so the postcards are viable.

I don't lose a lot of sleep over it, the first thing I do when I get a magazine is go through it and strip out all the postcards and toss them in the trash! I agree, if I'm already subscribing to the magazine, why do they waste their money including those annoying cards?

Oh well, if that's life's biggest problem, then we don't have much to worry about....

Search this Thread