Daylight savings time (on this server)

Old 04-02-09, 06:32 PM
Daylight savings time (on this server)

I only just noticed tonite that the time posted in my forum messages was off by one hour from actual time. Ie, I posted at 9:15, and the thread showed I posted at 8:15.
I went into user options, confirmed I was set to my local time zone and with DST enabled and set to 'automatic'. I had to force DST correction 'always on' in order for things to work correctly.

Im fairly sure I would have noticed before now that my post time was an hour off.. but I may have not noticed in the last week or so (perhaps since the 'new' change date ?)..

Because of the 'new' DST dates, could there be some kind of double-negative thing happening at the old date (wasnt it the last sunday in March ?) ?

Call me confused.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-09, 04:44 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Last fall this site made a major update the same weekend the time changed. The automatic change from DST to regular time hasn't worked since

I don't know why they haven't been able to fix it but what most [including me] have done is to manually change the time. I haven't tried changing the automatic setting, I've just changed the time zone to get the correct time

Old 04-03-09, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the info Mark, Ill try and keep a closer eye on it in the fall.

Old 04-03-09, 02:51 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Great programmers, huh? Can't even get the time right.....

Old 04-03-09, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator
Setting your time zone to make the time appear correct would take less time than to post about it.

user cp > edit options > date and time options

Old 04-03-09, 05:00 PM
Group Moderator
This is really an international forum so whose daylight savings time should it be set to? US, Canada if different, Liechtensteiner but do they follow German or Italian dates for DST or....

Old 04-03-09, 05:14 PM
When told the reason for daylight savings time, the old Indian chief said "Only the Government would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom and have a longer blanket".

Old 04-03-09, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
When told the reason for daylight savings time, the old Indian chief said "Only the Government would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom and have a longer blanket".
Too bad Obama did not think to say that at the G20 summit, in regards to trying to fix the economy.

And BTW, do you get up before the roosters? Or are your early post times because times on the forum are set to west coast time, and you are way out east? Or a combination of the both? I like that commercial on tv right now where this lady gets woke up and sits up in bed, looking at a crowing rooster, with the look of disgust, because she cannot get a good night sleep.

Old 04-03-09, 05:32 PM
No, my roosters wake me up, sad to say. Usually about 5am edt, according to anything but this forum.
And there comes a time when that old '48 Ford can't be "fixed".

Old 04-08-09, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by GregH View Post
Setting your time zone to make the time appear correct would take less time than to post about it.

user cp > edit options > date and time options
It would have been quicker for the techs to fix the problem as well.....eh?

Search this Thread