Yes, It Is 2009

Old 04-19-09, 09:38 PM
Group Moderator
Yes, It Is 2009

YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN2009when....

1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.

2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.

3.. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.

4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.

5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.

6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.

7.. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.

8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.

10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.

11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )

12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.

13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.

14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.

15. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-09, 05:09 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
#2, 4, 8 and 10 guilty as charged. I find myself forwarding emails to my wife who is 5' away rather than have her look at my screen. Geesh!

Old 04-20-09, 05:22 PM
I thought of another one. You check caller ID to see who is calling you before you pick it up. Hey, there is no law saying you have to answer the phone.

Old 04-20-09, 05:25 PM
Becoming more aware of the year, since only 3 3/4 more years til Dec. 21, 2012!

Old 04-20-09, 05:32 PM
Only 45 months left until we get a new president unless this country is bought by China and other Government bondholders.

Old 04-21-09, 05:12 PM
But the new President may be the same President. To some?: + To others:

Old 04-21-09, 05:44 PM
It would seem, however, once a man is promised fine wine, and is served vinegar, he would be a fool to take a second sip.

Old 04-22-09, 07:44 AM
Or you're promised a brand new high tech car and you get a chevy off the same assembly line as the rest of them......

Here's one I run into:You hear all the music you used to love on the "atmosphere music" systems in the Grocery Store and elevators.

Old 04-22-09, 04:28 PM
I doubt that the music one would affect me. Since when is punk rock played at grocery stores? However, is it possible that DMV lines would move quicker or would that require major doses of amphetamines?

Old 04-22-09, 07:33 PM
Sort of like going to our local HD early in the morning. If a certain guy gets there first we have sane Country music. If another one gets there first, he sets it to some gosh awful music. Guess it could be "punk"... or "puke", not sure. Sorry NOP, couldn't help myself! It does affect your shopping pleasure, however. If the stupid music is playing, I can't wait to get out of there.

Old 04-22-09, 07:56 PM
Lets see here: in punk rock they speak English, in Gangsta rap, what language is that that disrespects women and call each other the N word?

Old 04-23-09, 04:08 AM
I agree with the rap stuff. Gee whiz. I may not agree with what you say, but will fight to the death for your right to say it. Someone famous said that. But to me it is like yelling "fire" in a crowded theater. Freedom of speech has limits, and I think rap music (if you want to call it music) has exceeded that limit.

Old 04-23-09, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by nightowlpunk View Post
I doubt that the music one would affect me. Since when is punk rock played at grocery stores? However, is it possible that DMV lines would move quicker or would that require major doses of amphetamines?
Last night while I was at the gas station, some heavy woman with tattoos was pumping gas next to me, with two doors open, with her sound system on, and huge subwoofers rattling everything in site while her 2 barely pre-or teen daughters were hopping to the music out in the lot. I wondered what people like this think about what other people think. I felt like saying something but did not. Once in a while I do. I say something like, "That's my favorite song you are playing!"(not) (when they are playing gangsta rap). Or I might ask them to turn it up louder since I can't hear what is playing too well.

Old 04-24-09, 12:41 PM
You wouldn't have that issue with my car. 15 year old factory tape deck with CD changer controls. Could be worse, I had a truck with AM radio only. I heard a sports radio call in show talking about the Icelanders(i thought) New York Islanders hockey. Amazing how the biggest idiots call in to these shows at 3AM. Even after the DJ straightens these twits out with what their point is they still mangle it.

Old 04-24-09, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by nightowlpunk View Post
Amazing how the biggest idiots call in to these shows at 3AM. Even after the DJ straightens these twits out with what their point is they still mangle it.
3 a.m.? I've actually forgotten that the show Coast to Coast, with Art Bell, was a fun thing to listen to late at night, with expert guests on who would act serious and knowledgeable about aliens, crop circles and other such stuff.

Old 04-25-09, 08:53 AM
3 am is when I get up in the morning to go to work now. At that time period, I was about halfway done with my 40 mile paper route. What I didscovered then is that no matter how a sports story is set right, some idiots totally miscontrues it again, again and again.

Old 04-25-09, 09:47 AM
My 8 Track just gave up the ghost, now what am I suppose to do?

Old 04-25-09, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by merlesdad View Post
My 8 Track just gave up the ghost, now what am I suppose to do?

Modernize.

Old 04-25-09, 04:32 PM
Watched a program the other night, and they said CD's are on their way out. Sort of like when I bought my new Gateway computer. They sold me on a zip drive for storage. Next week, CDR's came out. I still use it to archive my company stuff on it. Don't know if I could find a zip disc or not.

Old 04-25-09, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator
Hah...try finding an LS120 drive...I've got stuff on a couple of disks I'd really like to keep. Ah well, the past is the past...let it rest in peace.