Few Posters This Weekend

Old 04-26-09, 10:53 AM
Group Moderator
Few Posters This Weekend

Is it just the forum I usually check or are there fewer posts then usual in the various forums. You'd think with spring coming everybody would be starting projects and looking for advice.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-09, 10:57 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I don't know for sure but it seems like traffic at the forums over all is down. Maybe a result of the economy with folks not being able to afford improvements on their homes.

Old 04-26-09, 11:00 AM
Maybe it is nicer weather (sure is in my area) and most people are outside. I should be cleaning the garage or working on at least one of probably a hundred different tasks.

Old 04-26-09, 11:02 AM
Group Moderator
Spent two hours at the park with Tow Guy, Jr.

Old 04-26-09, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator
I'm around..in between the race, helping trim shrubs, mortaring some caps on a block wall we are finishing, grading 20 cu yds of topsoil, etc etc etc....

Oh, and they had the Laughlin River Run this weekend.

Old 04-26-09, 12:27 PM
Researching and writing reports.

Old 04-26-09, 12:35 PM
nap
Originally Posted by Gunguy45 View Post
I'm around..in between the race,

Is Indy running today?

Old 04-26-09, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator
Ok, fine..I'm a converted redneck...lol. Boogidy boogidy...Let's go Racin' Boys!

Saw my first live race in Las Vegas about a month ago...well..just gotta say..Holy S!&t.. how do they do that! 180MPH, 6" off someones bumper.....

Old 04-26-09, 01:02 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Watched the great Red Sox / Yankees game on FOX yesterday as well as the NFL draft. Not exactly a pitching clinic with a 16-11 game and did a dump run. My yard looks kinda like the before picture in a Desperate Landscapes episode, but cannot afford to fix it up. Today sprayed the living sh-t of the shed with wasp and hornet killer due to seeing some wasps flying around and saw some nests that were not there a few days ago, figured that is safer long term than arson especially with my roommate's ATV in there. If I go outside, I can feel my blood thinning: 87 degrees here, was barely 60 last weekend.

Old 04-26-09, 02:23 PM
My wife was off yesterday (ICU nurse), so I was tethered like a yard dog outside, spreading mulch, cutting grass (6 acres), punching holes for grape arbors. I bet I changed implements on the tractor 5 times! It was a great day to be out there, I'll have to admit.

Old 04-26-09, 03:24 PM
Just came back from having a great 2 scoop homemade ice cream cone strawberry cheesecake and blueberry cheesecake. If anyone is in Eastern Connectcut this Summer the place is Buttonwood Farm at the junction of RTE 201 and RTE 165 in Griswold CT. Their website is www.buttonwoodfarmicecream.com

Old 04-26-09, 03:47 PM
nap
Ok, fine..I'm a converted redneck...lol. Boogidy boogidy...Let's go Racin' Boys!

Saw my first live race in Las Vegas about a month ago...well..just gotta say..Holy S!&t.. how do they do that! 180MPH, 6" off someones bumper.....
you want real racing:

230mph

6" (or less) off the next car

NO FENDERS

Have you ever seen what happens when a car runs over the tire of a car in front of them?

They really can fly...for a very short time anyway.

I really miss the old Offy's though. 4 cyl, 160 ci 800+ hp. The sweetest sound I ever heard. (and it was plenty loud to drown out an un-named not-so-sweet sound)

No head gasket ever blew on one.

How can that be you may ask?

Because they did not have a removable head. It was an integral part with the block.

want something really neat. Go here (not Indy stuff but still cool):

YouTube - God Save The Queen (on a Renault F1 V10!)

YouTube - Renault F1 Song

and here:

YouTube - We are the champions

anybody for a marshmallow roast?

YouTube - 1000hp Ford XR6 Turbo Engine

Old 04-26-09, 03:59 PM
Attributing lack of posts to fair weather chores and or recreation may apply to those of us well positioned, but the economy and natural disasters play a huge roll.

The last four months have ravaged us jobs, foreclosures are up, and credit is tight. Ice storms, flooding, wildfires, and tornadoes, have destroyed a lot in recent months, and they all have increased costs associated with them. ($ 2.58 in 2009 = $1.00 in 1980. Wages have declined when adjusted for inflation). Significant hurricanes, and earthquakes will follow.

Tectonic activity is on the rise, and such activity may be a prelude to the big one, (Jerusalem), but other things must happen first. The hurricane outlook forecast is bleaker than normal; many parts of th US are becoming more arid, and water resourses more scarce.

But it's nice weather, and O bomb it is at the helm, so things are fine. Put another digit on the barbie.

Old 04-26-09, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator
Nap
Ack...Indy and F1 don't appeal to me so much..too much tire, too much aero, too much tech. But yeah, I know what you mean about running tires that are rotating in opposite directions on top of each other. I actually worked the Long Beach Grand Prix back in the day driving a tow truck (wrecker..the way I grew up..lol). Didn't see much of the race, but saw quite a bit of aftermath....

I was a a drag racer for years, trying to get the wife to go to a big one somewhere..... 7000-8000 HP all at once....mmmm I love the smell of nitro and alcohol.

Old 04-26-09, 05:28 PM
nap
I was a a drag racer for years, trying to get the wife to go to a big one somewhere..... 7000-8000 HP all at once....mmmm I love the smell of nitro and alcohol.

Yes, all that HP all at once is simply amazing. I can't even fathom the stresses inside the engine.

Hard to imagine how trans and axles can take all that and simply not just twist apart.

Hey, if the wife won't go, you can get one of these. They smell the same.

Old 04-26-09, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator
Don't even have to check the link..I know what you mean...thats prob what did it. Dad and me (when I was 8 or so) out at the school baseball diamond with a prop driven balsa wood car. Had to spin it with yer finger and pull back quick if it caught. No RC controls..just aim and shoot..

And yep...same smell.

Old 04-26-09, 06:01 PM
nap
dang. You're no fun

I used to have a hovercraft with a big prop you had to start with your finger. I'm surprised I still have all digits.

Old 04-26-09, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator
Oh..btw..grew up in OH, but no foots-a-ma-ball fan... so we prob had similar childhoods.

Or not...lol

Old 04-26-09, 06:58 PM
@2000
O bomb is at the helm-everything is fine???????
I don't care for his----" let's release secret memos & photos on how Americans treated
poor terrorists & let's prosecute these Americans..........
This guy has some strange ideas............................................
but he is our new leader-------------so......................

Old 04-27-09, 07:01 AM
Originally Posted by ray2047 View Post
Is it just the forum I usually check or are there fewer posts then usual in the various forums. You'd think with spring coming everybody would be starting projects and looking for advice.
Look at all the responses you generated!

It's like asking, "Where is everybody, and getting piles of people to say, "Here we are!"

I don't mind when not that many people are around on some particular day, as much as I do when you spend your time and give some detailed reply to someone (like a first time poster), and you never hear a peep thereafter, and there you are, hanging, wondering what the guys problem he asked about, really was. A form of torture to me.

Old 04-27-09, 02:22 PM
I don't mind when not that many people are around on some particular day, as much as I do when you spend your time and give some detailed reply to someone (like a first time poster), and you never hear a peep thereafter, and there you are, hanging, wondering what the guys problem he asked about, really was. A form of torture to me.
Me too. fjpowujoqejigfmp