Mother's Day

Old 04-27-09, 04:03 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Mother's Day

This year is going to be a little weird for me. This is the first year that it would be impossible to get my mom a gift for Mother's Day since she passed away last Fall. I was relieved when it finally happened, due to the fact that she had some sever medical problems for a few years before she died, so I do not want sympathy since it would be misplaced. I just wondered if anyone else had this weird feeling.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-09, 07:12 PM
Group Moderator
My Mom's still vertical, but lost my Dad in '96; dates like Father's Day and his birthday are still tough.

Old 04-28-09, 09:30 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Father's Day and his birthday are easy for me to forget. I haven't talked to him at least a decade. Payback from abuse can be a term for a female dog.

Old 04-30-09, 09:17 AM
NOP, observing significant dates such as Mothers Day or Fathers Day right after the loss of a loved one can be a bit difficult. I know when I lost my dad years ago, the first Father's Day felt weird with nothing to celebrate. But it gets easier after the first few holidays, but you still will always remember every time you see some significant holiday on the calendar. If you still want to do something on Mother's Day, you could put a single rose on her grave. Or make a small contribution to a charity in her memory.