board censor is over protective

Old 05-01-09, 05:15 PM
board censor is over protective

its blocking my photo hosting. the name is tinypic dot com. have to spell it out or it gets censored. can any one find a problem with that name.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-09, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator
tinypic has had issues in the past..not sure what they were, embedded viruses or something? You need to use a site like Flickr or Photobucket

Old 05-01-09, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator
Well, the problem with those url shortcuts is no one can see where they take you.
It makes it possible for links to be posted that could take you somewhere you may not want to go.

Because of the risk to all of us who use this forum it was pretty much unanimous to not allow them.

If you do not want a link to show in a post just highlight a word, click the globe in the tool bar and paste the URL in the box..
When you do this and hover over the word the destination should show or you can right click and see the address in the properties.

Old 05-01-09, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by Gunguy45 View Post
tinypic has had issues in the past..not sure what they were, embedded viruses or something? You need to use a site like Flickr or Photobucket
i was trying to post a video of a washing machine in the appliance forum. i used imageshack but one person said they couldn't view it. i forgot my password for photobucket and have not gotten the reset password link i have flicker but it sucks. only 2 videos a month if your a free member.

Search this Thread