Bad relationship gift?

Old 05-02-09, 03:17 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Bad relationship gift?

Hello again! Over the years, I have known girls who kept baseball bats in their cars as a security thing. I know of a more legal way to do this so you don't need a bat and baseball. I keep a 2 foot 3/4 drive breaker bar with a socket that fits my lug studs next to my driver's seat for Just in Case. Would the gift of a breaker bar say: "psycho killer quest ce que run run away", or "that is a thoughtful gift to show he cares". I was thinking it could go either way, but have had very few relationships.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-09, 07:45 AM
Tools are never a good gift for a woman. If you wanted to give her something to protect her while she's in her car, how about a small mace/pepper spray cannister or one of those TASER-like shock devices? Honestly, I think when she unwraps a breaker bar, you will get you a blank stare if not worse. Then too, a breaker bar in the hands of a woman can all too easily be grabbed from her and used against her. You might want to ask some of the local police what they recommend for women driving alone.

Old 05-04-09, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator
Tools are never a good gift for a woman.
Bite your tongue! LOL! These days are different! I ASK for tools and so do a lot of other woman I know.
In fact, DH and DS are always borrowing my tools.
Beer 4U2

Old 05-04-09, 01:00 PM
If I ever find someone to marry, SHE is the one who will be using the circular saw. This is due to the fact of losing part of a finger to one. At least I don't get flashbacks anymore when carrying a circular saw or hearing one run. I am not sure if I can mentally handle using one of those again. Funny thing is that sawzall's are not a problem.

Old 05-05-09, 01:33 AM
Tools are definitely not the best gift for women. I know only a few women that can really handle tools and are good DIYs. Pepper sprays are the most safe self-defense devices because you normally can't kill someone, so I would recommend it as a gift for women

Old 05-05-09, 05:01 AM
OH, Mark, you are opening two cans of worms! Welcome to the forums, but get ready. My wife, don't buy a tool, although she is as avid organic gardener. She prefers to buy her own. I understand. I wouldn't want her picking out my nail guns or saws, either.
As far as self defense, two schools of thought, and you will get your ear full here. Pepper sprays are cute, but only tend to make people madder. For someone who is attacking my family members, final dispatch is the best method of taking care of it. Proper instruction in the use of firearms is imperative.

Old 05-05-09, 06:54 AM
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
For someone who is attacking my family members, final dispatch is the best method of taking care of it. Proper instruction in the use of firearms is imperative.

Consider the guy who calls the police to tell them that a couple guys have just robbed him of the stuff out in his shed, and are also stealing from his garden. The officer on the phone says that they currently do not have the time, manpower and resources to respond to this. The guy angrily hangs up. Then a bit later he calls back the same officer and says , they no longer have to bother to send anyone out because he just shot dead, the 2 perpetrators. Within 20 seconds the police, ambulance and fire truck showed up.

Old 05-05-09, 02:19 PM
If you final diaspatch a burglar, do you get to keep his cash?

Old 05-05-09, 03:35 PM
Only if you bury him quite deep and keep your mouth shut.

Oh, don't spend it all at once.

Old 05-06-09, 09:18 AM
So I take it that it helps to already be a member of the underground economy. That way cash spent isn't as noticeable. Wouldn't it just be easier to drop the guy off in a bad neighborhood?

Old 05-06-09, 03:47 PM
My wife gets mad at me because I always get her some kitchen appliance. She really got mad when I got her a vacuum.........women..

Old 05-06-09, 05:59 PM
Ooooh, Mark! Such a faux pas. You're old enough to know better.
NOP, if you dispatch the burglar, the cash he has is probably yours anyway!!

Old 05-07-09, 07:09 AM
Originally Posted by HotinOKC View Post
My wife gets mad at me because I always get her some kitchen appliance. She really got mad when I got her a vacuum.........women..

Hey if you really want to get a rise out of your mother or wife, buy them a bathroom scale for Mother's Day or your anniversary. Hey, I thought it was a pretty good idea when I did it, considering it was a fancy glass and chrome digital model, but I guessed WRONG!

Old 05-07-09, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator
LOL!
For all you women out there reading this, if you get a housefrau type gift, when it's time to get him a gift, get him a can of paint and a paintbrush or a box of cleaning supplies and a roll of paper towels!

Old 05-07-09, 08:47 AM
HeyShad, those gifts you suggested wouldn't be practical for me. I don't paint, and my style of cleaning is when I get disgusted with the dirtyness (takes quite a while) I will clean it, anyway I can bring the cleaning supplies home from work, because that is my job.

Old 03-07-10, 07:18 PM
Spammer .

Last edited by the_tow_guy; 03-08-10 at 04:18 AM.
Old 03-07-10, 11:01 PM
NOP, even I don't think buying a woman a "gift that kills" is a good idea .

I bought my two daughters and wife each a real good complete tool kit. Electric drill, hammer, screwdrivers, sockets etc. Good quality. They LOVED it. Seriously.

They don't use it a lot but they have the freedom/independance to do it themselves, when they want, without having to schedule me or ask some guy with tools to help.

That got me through their birthdays, now I need to figure out gifts for the other 10 occasions of the year.

Shadie, whats this about a paint brush? I'd like that! but it needs to be good one!

Old 03-08-10, 04:19 AM
Group Moderator
Old thread, mj; resurrected by a spammer.

Old 03-08-10, 10:14 AM
Darn, when I saw this, I though NOP was back. I always enjoyed his perspective on things.

Old 03-08-10, 01:53 PM
Group Moderator
Originally Posted by HeresJohnny View Post
I always enjoyed his perspective on things.
That's pretty much what got him banned.

Old 03-08-10, 04:21 PM
Yep, one thing he had was "perspective"! Didn't know where it was coming from but he had it!

Old 03-08-10, 04:32 PM
Whoops. Here, I thought NOP was back stirring things up again.

Search this Thread