Edit Time Limit

Old 05-04-09, 03:17 PM
Group Moderator
Edit Time Limit

I know how this boards owners love limits you don't see on other forums so I won't make this one of those threads. I instead will ask an etiquette question regarding which mod should you choose to email when you feel a post of yours needs to be changed or deleted and the edit option time limit has been exceeded ? I know they are all busy with the real world and have only limited time. I really hate to bother any of them with my mistake. I wonder if we could have a button similar to the spam button that would allow us to send a message to whoever is available.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-09, 03:54 PM
Well I don't think the little triangle is a "spam" button it's to notify mods of an issue regarding the particular post.What that issue is can be addressed in the comment box that comes up when you click the triangle.

I would think if you reached out that way you'd get the results you were looking for.

Old 05-04-09, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator
No..the instructions for the triangle are pretty clear. I really don't know if it goes to all Mods or just the one for that Forum though.

If I have a problem like ray mentioned, I normally try to see who's online and see if they can help. Or maybe we just need to read, think, and type slower? lol

Old 05-04-09, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator
It would be your choice to either report it to a moderator or use the report a post triangle button.
If you use the report a post button your concern will be pm'd and emailed to the super and group moderators.

I have noticed that there is sometimes a delay between the time a member or mod logs out of the forum and the green light goes off.
Also, mods have the ability to view the forums and be in "invisible" mode where they are not shown as online.

Old 05-04-09, 09:12 PM
Group Moderator
GregH, When you push the triangle it says:
Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.
I'm simply talking about correcting a post of my own that I realize contains an error after the edit button is no longer available.

Old 05-05-09, 04:42 AM
Group Moderator
PM me anytime (although I'm not ALWAYS on-line).

Old 05-05-09, 07:38 AM
Group Moderator
Originally Posted by the_tow_guy View Post
PM me anytime (although I'm not ALWAYS on-line).
Thank you.

Old 05-05-09, 08:37 AM
I think the point to be taken from GregH's post is it's ok to use the triangle for an issue related to a post even if it doesn't fit into the warning as it will be addressed and nobody will shoot you for it.

That said I think the warning's presense and the mod's preference is to not wear out your welcome using that over and over for non-serious issues.

Twilight Zone Moment:Use the triangle to spam the mods during the reporting of a spam post...

LOL

Old 05-05-09, 08:58 AM
Group Moderator
The mods all have SuperDuperSpamShield.

Old 05-05-09, 12:33 PM
Ray

You can add a new post noting the corrections? Not as neat, but will solve the problem.