More Cautionary Pictures of Electrical Danger

Old 06-08-09, 11:31 AM
Group Moderator
More Cautionary Pictures of Electrical Danger

Theese were published in a 1933 German book. Electricity is dangerous

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-09, 05:04 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Very educational for everyone to learn how it can be quite lethal when current actually can pass through your body, when one part of your body is in contact with electricty and another part of your body allows the current a path to ground.

Old 06-09-09, 04:00 PM
Especially peeing on the third wire on a train system. Ooooh, that could hurt!!!

Old 06-10-09, 06:40 AM
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
Especially peeing on the third wire on a train system. Ooooh, that could hurt!!!
You'll be banned for bringing that up. It's been nice knowing you.

Haven't you noticed the number of views to this thread, yet no comments other than mine, up until your comment? Everyone else was (probably) going, "Hmmmm. Nope....I'd better not."

On that other live video that Ray started a like thread on, I had some comment I was dying to say, but felt I'd better not.

Old 06-10-09, 03:10 PM
I had the same thought, but didn't comment, either. At least we've come a long way with safety in the past 75 years, comparing the photo/drawings with what the code calls for today. And if that path goes through the heart....goodbye!

Old 06-10-09, 03:44 PM
Group Moderator
Back in Navy "A" school they had this course in electric safety. One of the examples they gave I thought was hilarious because instead of proving the point you should always use grounded tools it proved just the opposite to me. Now remember this was back before double insulation when electric drills had steel housings not plastic.

The example told of a worker who went to move an ungrounded metal floor lamp so he could see better. Apparently the lamp had been setting on it's own cord for years and worn through the insulation on the hot conductor. Well the worker while holding the properly grounded electric drill in one hand grabbed the floor lamp with the other. Poof! One dead workman. Of course the the moral to the story was supposed to have been if the light had been grounded the accident wouldn't have happened but my warped view was it happened because the drill was correctly grounded. That's why I had to work hard to keep a straight face. I though it proved IMHO just how much more dangerous a properly grounded hand tool could be.

Old 06-10-09, 04:15 PM
Ray,

Yes - a rather ironic way to pass from this world.