Posting problems

Old 06-25-09, 04:41 AM
Posting problems

I really like this site it has been very helpful. I have been having problems posting replies. When I sign in it says welcome JOHNNY BE GOOD which is my user name but after typing a reply and trying to send it it says not signed in or don't have permission to post. Sometimes like now I hope it will let me post. At the bottom of the page it says if you have problems contact [email protected] I have sent a few messages to them and got no reply. Why does it let me post sometimes and not other times. ? Anyone know who I should be contacting when this happens? Thanks John

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-09, 05:36 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
When you bring up the site, you will have to sign in for the session. From then on, you should be able to send posts. I have found out you need to put a check in the box for "remember me" for it to stick sometimes. I have had the same problem, but that usually fixes it. Don't sit there and hold your breath for a reply from the webmaster. It won't happen. Keep the posts coming and we'll try to help, or we will look forward to your help as well!

Larry

Old 06-25-09, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator
There are a few others having the same problem. Don't know why yet. I'll send this to the techs.

Old 06-25-09, 07:19 AM
Hi there,

I had (and I still have) the same problem. I reported the problem to the TD, but.....

In the meantime I found a workaround--> There are two ways to Login-->
1 - using the fields "User name / screen name" and "password" (Right side of the name "DoItYourself.com Community Forums")
2 - Clicking on the word Login (left side of the word "Register")

The first option doesn't work for me, because I have all the issues described. Try the second option--> it works almost without problems

Old 06-26-09, 06:10 AM
Posting Problem Thanks

Thanks all I did try the second option for logging in and it did seem to be better so far. Boy I sure hope it continues I really like this site. Thanks JohnBeer 4U2

Old 06-29-09, 03:11 PM
Hi JOHNNY,

The DIY TD informed (internal message) that the problem is solved.
Let us know if all is working OK

Search this Thread