How come nobody started a thread about Michael Jackson?

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-09, 01:54 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
How come nobody started a thread about Michael Jackson?

I grew up listening to him when he was a 5 year old lead singer of The Jackson 5. What a voice. Catchy tunes. He was in competition at that time with Tony DeFranco and the DeFranko Family, and also little Donny Osmond as lead singer of the Osmond Brothers.

I would have been like about 11 when Michael was 5.

A friend of mine called me up to tell me Michael Jackson had died, and I asked him when the punchline was coming. He said he was not kidding. So when I got home, I first was going to look in the Eau Claire paper to see if "a" Michael jackson died here, as that would have been up my friends alley. But instead I went to CNN and there it was. How sad. And then I listened to his confidant and lawyer being inteviewed saying Micahel was completely innocent of those trumped up charges that he was a child molester at his Neverland Ranch.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-09, 04:10 PM
I see the rev. Jessie wants an investigation into Michaels death b/kause something
evil must have happened to make Michael die-------------
I guess Jessie don't get much air time since our fearless leader became pres............
Ain't life a *****.......................

Old 06-27-09, 04:40 PM
Group Moderator
My thought was how unfortunate for Fara Faucet to be denied her last fifteen minuets of fame.

Old 06-27-09, 06:53 PM
Don't get me started. I've not been able to listen to anything that has happened in our country for the past two days because of the inordinate coverage. Folks in news land, he's dead. Second guessing why he died won't bring him back. Move on.

Old 06-27-09, 07:08 PM
Group Moderator
Michael who?

Old 06-27-09, 08:28 PM
this guy ?

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Old 06-27-09, 11:52 PM
Theres nothing new being reported. Same 5 facts over and over. Did anyone know anything about this guy at all?

Old 06-28-09, 03:52 AM
About as much as we know about our President......oooh, there I go again. Sorry.

Old 06-28-09, 12:29 PM
nap
Jackson is like so many other renowned performers. His works shown talent. In many cases, revolutionary. The problem is when the private person is shrouded with problems that often only see the slightest glimmer of sunlight, they are dogged by such infamy. Whether it is deserved or not will, most likely, never be established to the general publics' satisfaction so the rumors will remain.

and now he's dead. It happens.

If you liked his music, continue to do so. If you believed he was a child molester; pray for his soul and be glad that no other child will be subject to him. If you believe he was an angel, be thrilled he is getting his chance to be with the other angels.

Old 06-28-09, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
Don't get me started. I've not been able to listen to anything that has happened in our country for the past two days because of the inordinate coverage. Folks in news land, he's dead. Second guessing why he died won't bring him back. Move on.
But but but....Chandler. We already know about the other important news stories also. We know that the middle east/Israel, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, N.Korea, are hotbeds - and we hear over and over again all the depressing news that does not seem to help us little people (at least) solve any of this. It can cause depression and anxiety. All it does is get me thinking if the end of the world might come in a few years - either due to prophesy or even self fulfilled prophecy.

And then we can listen to shows like Nancy Grace, who goes on and on for months over one death - like that girl in Aruba, or some trailer trash guy who murdered some 5 year old girl, or Drew Peterson...and then it got to be SCOTT Peterson, that ex-cop, who they think may have murdered 2 wives and they even exhumed one of them to do another autopsy. She goes on and on and on, with these same stories, as if nobody else dies tragicly in this country.

So I say, give Michael his due, due to his popularity for DECADES.

Old 06-28-09, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by mjd2k View Post
Theres nothing new being reported. Same 5 facts over and over. Did anyone know anything about this guy at all?
Name them -so I can see if I can find a 6th.

Old 06-28-09, 06:03 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong. Jackson was a talented individual. His lifestyle took a back seat to sanity, and that was his fault, or the fault of his keepers.
My point was, the happenings in the middle east, Korea, Israel, etc will affect my life eventually. Every newscaster is trying to get a Pulitzer prize on their coverage of a dead man's life. Same stuff, day in and day out. It will not affect the outcome of anything, just bore the heck out of me.
News flash. We had a storm the other night. Both Directv receivers fail to turn on, period. No help from tech support. Service call scheduled after the 4th of July weekend. That solved my problem of having to listen to the ad nauseum reporting of Michael Jackson, his life, his times, his habits, his problems, what caused his death, why did he have to die, can I get my money back for the tickets..........Enough.
Hey, Netflix?/........

Old 06-28-09, 06:18 PM
Let's not get too harsh. I merely stated a fact that he was dead and to move on. I think his death, most deaths, are tragic, and we shouldn't gloat on the tragedy. Let's be sensitive while we banter back and forth.

Old 06-28-09, 06:18 PM
nap
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
Oh, don't get me wrong. Jackson was a talented individual. His lifestyle took a back seat to sanity, and that was his fault, or the fault of his keepers.
My point was, the happenings in the middle east, Korea, Israel, etc will affect my life eventually. Every newscaster is trying to get a Pulitzer prize on their coverage of a dead man's life. Same stuff, day in and day out. It will not affect the outcome of anything, just bore the heck out of me.
News flash. We had a storm the other night. Both Directv receivers fail to turn on, period. No help from tech support. Service call scheduled after the 4th of July weekend. That solved my problem of having to listen to the ad nauseum reporting of Michael Jackson, his life, his times, his habits, his problems, what caused his death, why did he have to die, can I get my money back for the tickets..........Enough.
Hey, Netflix?/........
don't worry. I'm sure they will still be running Michaels life and career when you get your TV back. THe sad part; you will then get to watch the same stuff we have all had to be subjected to from now until then.

Old 06-28-09, 06:21 PM
You're probably right, Nap, I went to Fox News on my computer to verify the story about Billy Mays. Wow, all these kids dying. Gotta go on a diet, get my knee fixed, and do things better.

Old 06-28-09, 06:35 PM
That's all I have to say-and- GOD BLESS AMERICA-

Old 06-28-09, 06:39 PM
nap
Originally Posted by deere111 View Post
lets here the violin-you poor babies your hero died!
who are you talking to? I don't see anybody claiming jackson was anything great, personally. In fact, most of the thread is about how ridiculously extensive the coverage is.

btw; it is commonly accepted N. Korea does not have the ability to put a nuke on a missile, yet.

Old 06-28-09, 07:30 PM
Group Moderator
btw; it is commonly accepted N. Korea does not have the ability to put a nuke on a missile, yet.
Yes, and the US military knew of Japans plans for Pearl Harbor but didn't think it was a real threat.

Old 06-29-09, 05:06 AM
Group Moderator
I think this thread has run its course. Closed.

Closed Thread