It seems like winter just got over with

Reply

  #1  
Old 07-02-09, 04:09 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,629
It seems like winter just got over with

And now you hear on tv about training camp and Tom Brady and what the Monday Night Football lineups are going to be, etc. - and I think how it's already about the 4th of July, and in about 6 more weeks only, all the Christmas trees and lights will be up at the home center!!!

Very depressing. I'd like to get away to where I feel it is like summer most the year. But I feel I'm too old to relocate, and give up all my contacts and guaranteed work here. I also do not know how I'd handle mosquitoes and chiggers and jungle rot, and hurricanes. We don't have none of that here. We just have an awful lot of cool or cold or super freezing or snowy or rainy or gloomy days.

Can you share anything in these regards?
 
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 07-02-09, 05:06 PM
Member
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 977
Sometimes it's not always greener on the other side of the fence............
I like our weather here in MI--we get all 4 seasons spaced out nicely.....................
At 30 some ?? 40 some ?? 50 some ??-you are still a spring chicken.............
Enjoy life--what ever you do
Take care...........
 

Last edited by j HOWARD; 07-02-09 at 05:25 PM.
  #3  
Old 07-02-09, 06:32 PM
Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bottom of Pikes Peak
Posts: 77
There is still snow on Pikes Peak. I was just up there the other day, in the drifts it was 4 or 5 feet deep.

But down here at 6000 feet, it is beautiful, 20% humidity, 30 degree dew points, and 78 degree temperatures.
 
  #4  
Old 07-03-09, 07:38 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,629
Originally Posted by j HOWARD View Post
..... 50 some ??-you are still a spring chicken.............
Enjoy life--what ever you do
Take care...........
Some of those "spring chickens" have been dying though. Like Billy and Michael...and a whole host of others. Bad decade for serious prostate, heart, hard life of alcohol and/or drugs, and more.

When I was a kid, 50+ year olds were "old".

And as far as being a spring chicken goes, I think that as long as there is some generation older, the generation beneath would be viewed as a spring chicken, relatively speaking, since the person making that claim would give anything to get back to those years. Like if a person was 100, an 80 year old would be a spring chicken.
 
  #5  
Old 07-03-09, 07:43 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,629
Originally Posted by Melissa_E View Post
There is still snow on Pikes Peak. I was just up there the other day, in the drifts it was 4 or 5 feet deep.

But down here at 6000 feet, it is beautiful, 20% humidity, 30 degree dew points, and 78 degree temperatures.
I heard a meteorologist on The Weather Channel the other day say that it was about 80 below zero up in the sky about 8 miles up or something when it was like 90 on the ground. No wonder people freeze to death climbing Mt. Everest. And it can hail in the tropics!
 
  #6  
Old 07-03-09, 07:44 AM
the_tow_guy's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: SW Fla USA
Posts: 11,519
What's "winter"? Beer 4U2
 
  #7  
Old 07-03-09, 07:59 AM
Member
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 977
Originally Posted by ecman51` View Post
Some of those "spring chickens" have been dying though. Like Billy and Michael...and a whole host of others. Bad decade for serious prostate, heart, hard life of alcohol and/or drugs, and more.

When I was a kid, 50+ year olds were "old".

And as far as being a spring chicken goes, I think that as long as there is some generation older, the generation beneath would be viewed as a spring chicken, relatively speaking, since the person making that claim would give anything to get back to those years. Like if a person was 100, an 80 year old would be a spring chicken.
I think going thru this life ----once is enough---------
going back-------no way brother.......................
 
  #8  
Old 07-03-09, 11:15 AM
nightowlpunk's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Connectitax
Posts: 456
As a Patriots fan, it is great to see Tom Brady coming back. Awkward typing one-handed, a lonely cat just jumped into my lap.
 
  #9  
Old 07-03-09, 04:17 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,629
Originally Posted by the_tow_guy View Post
What's "winter"? Beer 4U2
Just be sure to watch out for those drivers down by you who can't turn their heads when driving.
 
  #10  
Old 07-03-09, 04:20 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,629
Originally Posted by j HOWARD View Post
I think going thru this life ----once is enough---------
going back-------no way brother.......................

I'd LOVE to relive my life again. Absolutely one big fun and learning adventure. Almost heaven-like. In fact, more like my kind of heaven because of the vices that went with it.
 
  #11  
Old 07-03-09, 04:23 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,629
Originally Posted by nightowlpunk View Post
As a Patriots fan, it is great to see Tom Brady coming back. Awkward typing one-handed, a lonely cat just jumped into my lap.
Tom Brady and Kurt Warner. 2 of my favs. Both lost the last superbowls on fluke plays!
 
  #12  
Old 07-04-09, 01:28 PM
nightowlpunk's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Connectitax
Posts: 456
As if I needed another reason to hate the NJ Giants (call them that because that is where their home field really is). I wish you hadn't reminded me Ec.
 
  #13  
Old 07-04-09, 04:13 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,629
Well, Eli Manning seems like a nice guy and I hate to take anything away from what he accomplished - as he did play a good game. I was hoping to see history made that day, however. How terrible for the Pats though to go undefeated up until that game. But I see that happens in highschool sports all the time - and then they lose the State Championship and sob like babies.
 
  #14  
Old 07-04-09, 04:49 PM
nightowlpunk's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Connectitax
Posts: 456
The thing that ticked me off about that game is that the refs missed some BLATANT holds by the Giants near the end of the game. Amazing how they will not admit where they really play after 20 plus years. Is it a prejudice against NJ?
 
Reply

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
'