Watson or Cink

Old 07-19-09, 10:34 AM
Watson or Cink

My God, what a tournament! Four play-off holes to go.

I'm shaking just watching, don't know how they can even hit the ball under that pressure.

I think I'll go with the old guy. Beer 4U2

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-09, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator
Heck yeah...It would be great to see Tom win...but he's won more than a few before. Cink probably has played better overall.

Tough call...

Just so long as Cink doesn't take his cap off again...man that is one white noggin...lol.

Old 07-19-09, 11:27 AM
Oh my, this is too ugly to watch. I think Tom is just a bit tuckered out.

Old 07-19-09, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator
Come on Almost 60...22 holes of tough walking golf...why would he be tired? lol

If he had just hit the durn thing on the putt on 18 he would have won it.

Old 07-20-09, 03:23 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Even though Tom did not win, he stilll set an all-time record!

Old 07-20-09, 03:26 PM
Group Moderator
He's my hero. Beer 4U2

That putt on 18 looked like one of mine.

Old 07-21-09, 07:24 AM
I watched it several times on replay. I think he got the yips. That was a putt with no chance from the start.

I was on a putting green once, and this guy canned like 3 25 footers in a row. I'll never forget that.

I think I came close once to getting a hole in one on a par 4 hole some years back. I may have hit the flag or flag stick.

Old 07-22-09, 07:25 AM
I think he got the yips. That was a putt with no chance from the start.
Yep. And equally questionable, was his decision to putt on the shot before that. He decided to putt out of the rough, up the hill thru the first cut, and then down hill on a fast green. Nearly impossible to judge the speed on that one. Possibly a little flop that landed at the top of the hill and trickeld down would have been better, I dunno. I guess he did what was most comfortable to him and it just didnt work out.

All in all, a pretty impressive effort for a 59 yr old guy. He should absolutely be proud of his performance. Everyone in my house was pulling for him. Yeah, we were all dissappointed. When I'm 59, I hope I can play golf like that.

Old 07-22-09, 08:16 AM
I'm glad I did not watch. I get too upset. I guess it is a control thing. I have no control. And I have also taken the attitude that if I watch, I might jinx somebody.

I'm still upset how that New York Giant receiver caught that ball on his head and it never popped loose when he hit the ground, and the Giants were able to continue on that drive and ruin the Patriots undefeated season. And I was so happy that Kurt Warner was going to win the game, when it was snatched away at the last second, by yet another unbelievable perfect throw and catch by Pittsburgh. And then there was that golf tournament where ? had it won on the 18th, only for the lesser favorite guy to chip it in and win!

Old 07-23-09, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator
Just a funny bit from my past..

First time I actually was on a golf course, I had just arrived at a NATO command a few days before their in house FL Best ball tourny and cookout. Bunch of Canadians, Brits, Germans, Dutch....basically everyone played golf. They asked I said sure, I'll play. (Had never driven a ball in my life, Putt Putt was it)

Met my group a bit late on the first green, they said just go ahead and putt last. It was probably 35-45' down hill, with curves to left and right. I watched them all go long, left, right, then I dropped it right in the cup! They all thought I must be a real player...til they saw my swishes and wormburners on the next tee.....lol. Only things I could do that first day were chips and putts.

Old 07-23-09, 02:55 PM
Group Moderator
I thought golf and tennis were required courses at Navy basic and Canoe U. Beer 4U2

Old 07-23-09, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator
Hey TG

Maybe at the Academy....not for those of us that got the work done and kept the big gray things afloat....lol.

Just a note, since my wife always *****es about her boring assignments ( she was a Radioman...what do you expect? And my memory just kicked in....), I got to work with NATO (in VA of all places), traveled coast to coast and border to border at one Command, went to Italy/UK (Liverpool) for 3 months for training in Crypto gear, was the Senior Squid on a major Army base for 3 yrs, handled Security/defense forces for 2 ships and one shore command, stood shark watch on the coast of Somalia, been to most every port city in South America, most of the coastal African nations, did 30 kts down the Congo(Zaire) river, hunted roo's (not my cup a tea, gee I missed) and put out a fire on a stored train in Australia, snorkled in the clearest lagoon I ever saw (200 ft, and you could see the bottom). went through the canals from the Baltic to the North......

Gawd...the memories!!!!!

Only got shot at once...and that was in an ally in the PI

Old 07-23-09, 07:07 PM
Group Moderator
Probably a MSG Marine who caught you climbing the fence after sucking down San Magoos all night at the 168 Club and missing the midnight liberty expiration.

Old 07-23-09, 07:33 PM
I havn't played golf in a long long time.
I did play for a while--twice a week for 5 years with my
golf nut dad-- I got pretty good--shooting in the low 70tees
I also got to hate the game---got in the way of me punching holes in paper &
other gun nut things.
Dad was in the WW1--he hated guns--------bummer for me -------------

Old 07-24-09, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by Gunguy45 View Post
! ...til they saw my .../.... and wormburners on the next tee.....lol.
Hahahaha. A 'wormburner'? Haven't heard that golf terminolgogy in a while. I know the shot. Me thinks you know more about golf than you are letting on.

Old 07-24-09, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by j HOWARD View Post
I havn't played golf in a long long time.
Driving ranges can be fun then, if you do not really golf, but want to see if you can knock the cover off the ball. You do not necessarily have to be built like a gorilla, although it helps.

I was driving the ball over the 20+ foot backstop fence beyond the 250 yard marker, on purpose, chortling to myself, as people were walking the fairway behind the driving range, probably exclaiming, "What the!....(kerplunk, next to them). Hahahaha. At another driving range I was hitting them beyond the range into the woods once in a while, envisioning the ball retriever back there having to get off his rider and having to trapse through the woods and poison ivy. Trying to bonk the ball retriever in his caged machine while he drives around out there is fun also. (Was that in "Caddyshack" where guys were doing that on the driving range?)