Michael Vick did his 'time' - so..................

Old 08-01-09, 12:40 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Michael Vick did his 'time' - so..................

..........shouldn't he have the right to play ball again? Hasn't he paid his debt to society?

For what crime(s) then does one give or not give one a second chance?

High Chandler. You inspired this thread, when I read your reply on another current chat thread.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-09, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator
He'll get his chance...if a team wants him. He was good..not great as I remember. He sure won't be going to a great team. Or maybe he'll go to the CFL or similar for a while.
He's been out for what, 3yrs now? Though I'm sure he was staying in shape at the facility.

Hey..if any of you guys out there were given a couple of mil for a few years...do you think you would at least be set for a comfortable, not extravagant, life? I mean come on..stick 2 mil in something to pay you $75k a year and just go from there?

Old 08-01-09, 03:38 PM
Why don't you leave the poor guy alone------------
This is the new America---he could be the next vice-president !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--

Old 08-01-09, 03:57 PM
He did part of the time allocated by a soft hearted judge. If he had been caught in Georgia, it would have been a felony, not some sissy halfway house, house arrest. Because he was famous and had a little money, he was cut slack. I feel a Higher Authority is exacting a little revenge, now.
He was good at best. Sure his team did a good job in letting him shine, but you can't shine unless you have a clear playing field ahead of you and some good receivers. Great? Hardly. And trying to sneak one of those clear bottles of whatever was in it through Checkpoint Charlie at ATL, totally stupid. He has an image to uphold. Sort of like when he gave the middle finger salute to the kids in the stands one Sunday. Class.
If he has served all the time given him, bless his heart. Hope he can find a job. Hey, the local Dodge dealer is looking for a salesman.
Whaddya think his salary demands would be if he were to be allowed back in the NFL? He may be filing bankruptcy this week, anyway. "A fool and his money...."
JHoward, bite your nasty tongue!! We have Biden. He is doing an excellent job at showing his back side.

Old 08-01-09, 05:14 PM
chandler

I was installing a handrail on my front porch steps today ( keep an old man from breaking his neck ) --- I was cutting the top rail too quickly w/ a 3 hp metal cutter--
the paint started to heat up-- sh**--I bit my tongue --once a day is enough --ok !!
Biden is ok w/ me--he is a true representative of his party....................

Old 08-02-09, 12:38 PM
Isn't that kind of like saying we had to destroy the village to save it?

Old 08-02-09, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator
chandler actually he was at Leavenworth KS for at least a year or 2 that I could find.

If you ccheck wiki (yeah I know I know) he pretty much got hammered financially for his stupidity. 20 mil back to the Falcons, a mil in escrow to take care of the dogs that were confiscated. All cares and houses except one of each forfeited in bancruptcy.

Personally I think he paid a pretty high price compared to what other people would have.

I think Pete Rose was screwed worse though..just for some gambling.

Old 08-02-09, 02:21 PM
I cannot understand why Pete Rose isn't in the Hall of Fame. Gambling is rather minor. At least he wasn't peddling cocaine to fifth graders for their luch money.

Old 08-03-09, 11:20 AM
Group Moderator
I liked Pete Rose in his prime, but IMHO he'll never make the Hall. Gambling would be minor if it wasn't for the fact he bet on baseball games, some of which he was involved in. If he ever makes the Hall, Shoeless Joe should get there at the same time.

Old 08-03-09, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator
But the thing was...IIRC Rose never bet against the Reds...at least not that anyone ever had proof of.

If he had just admitted he had done it a year or so later..he probably would have been in by now. Look at all the people that get a pass by just saying "OH..it was an addiction..I just couldn't control myself...I'm really REALLY sorry" (Also known as the "I did not have sex with that woman" defense...lol)

Old 08-08-09, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by nightowlpunk View Post
I cannot understand why Pete Rose isn't in the Hall of Fame.
Who was Pete Rose? What was he ever known for(regarding playing the game)?

But no smiley face for upcoming generations who truly will never know who Pete Rose was. And that is what getting into the hall is all about.

Old 08-09-09, 08:41 AM
Okay, but has anyone ever seen a picture of Tony LaRussa smiling? From what I heard about Cy Young, he makes Hill Clinton look like Ms Congeniality if she ever went to a NRA fundraiser.

Old 08-14-09, 05:50 AM
He just got signed by the Eagles...............
Next step: vice fearless leader..............

Old 08-14-09, 06:17 AM
Group Moderator
Didn't know the Eagles were that desperate. I knew somebody would sign him.

As for Pete Rose, he may have never bet against the Reds, but he bet for them in games he managed.

Bottom line: It was wrong, he knew it, he did it anyway, he got caught. End of story. Too bad we can't apply the same standards to politicians.

Old 08-16-09, 10:42 AM
And to think that Donovan McNabb actually lobbied for the team to pick him up, is beyond me.

Old 08-16-09, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by j HOWARD View Post
He just got signed by the Eagles...............
Next step: vice fearless leader..............
Sure........at least Vic would have more experience coming into office and leadership than the current oval office occupant.

Vic is just what this country needs a convicted felon as president.........

Fortunatley for us the Constitution prevents convicted felons from becoming president.

......and Vic should be banned from professional sports and should not be awarded this golden job opportunity.
I only hope that if it were you and I that the courts and society would be so merciful........I think not.

Old 08-16-09, 08:34 PM
Group Moderator
Fortunatley for us the Constitution prevents convicted felons from becoming president
Does it?
No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Old 08-17-09, 04:42 AM
Group Moderator
Well, Bill Clinton was elected...oh, wait. Convicted!

Old 08-19-09, 07:12 AM
Originally Posted by Mackey View Post
......and Vic should be banned from professional sports and should not be awarded this golden job opportunity.
Talk radio topic: So then would anyone convicted of any crime, who does their required prison time, never again be allowed back into their profession? Remember that Vick was fired by his team and lost millions upon millions of dollar. Only by the good graces by some other employer(just because it is all part of the NFL, each organization is their own corporation) is he able to return to his profession.

Old 08-19-09, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator
WikiAnswers - Can a convicted felon become president

Nothing in the Constitution apparently....

Old 08-19-09, 04:27 PM
My response is, who cares about this guy? He's an animal abuser and should be forgotten about and cast to the shadows!

Old 08-24-09, 08:32 AM
Do we really want Vic as a role model for kids?

Pro ball players rate highly as role models for kids--particularly teenage boys.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want my grandson thinking, "What he did can't be so bad, they're letting him play again."

"Oh, but he's changed--seen the error of his ways," some say. Sorry, but that's nothing but marketing. He'll do a few seminars on cruelty to animals, and this will all be swept under the carpet.

Have any of you ever witnessed a serious dog fight? I have--have had to break up a few, and had a good dog killed by another once. There is something deeply, seriously wrong psychologically with a person that enjoys blood, screaming, and pain.

By law, he has "paid his dues." Fine, he's no longer imprisoned. That doesn't require any of us to forsake our values and accept him as a decent human being.

Last edited by Kathryn McDowel; 08-24-09 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-24-09, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator
I have not jumped in on this thread because then I'd have to ban myself for breaking the rules, LOL!

All I can say is that guy is pure evil. I'm so embarrassed and ashamed to be living in this city.

Old 08-24-09, 04:35 PM
How do you think it will affect Philadelphia's attendance at games, or even sponsorship? Or are the football fans so jaded that it doesn't matter to them?
Say I am a high end home builder (yeah right). I build a home and get away with less than code requirements by some hook or crook. The house implodes due to faulty workmanship or inferior materials that I furnished. The owners are killed. I am proscecuted for, say, manslaughter. I do my time. Exactly how many people would hire me to build their house after all that? How does Philadelphia expect Vick to "build" their house?

Old 08-25-09, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator
How do you think it will affect Philadelphia's attendance at games, or even sponsorship? Or are the football fans so jaded that it doesn't matter to them?
As far as I know, more are against than for, but the media seems to be glorifying this scumbag and pushing for forgiveness. I imagine there's money in it for them.

Personally, I hope the Eagles come in dead last at the end of the season. Would serve them right, IMO.

Search this Thread