moderaror help

Old 08-03-09, 08:33 AM
moderaror help

Hello
I am trying to reach the web master as I am having troubles I have not had in years with the software at D.I.Y.
Please report this as I am sure they would like to know.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-09, 10:48 AM
Group Moderator
Put a note on the Mod's Exchange for someone to check.

Old 08-03-09, 11:04 AM
mod exchange

Originally Posted by the_tow_guy View Post
Put a note on the Mod's Exchange for someone to check.
I would do that if I understood; I just keep droping notes here and there but will stop now.
I hope they get the issue repaired as I read others have the same problems.

Old 08-03-09, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator
I'm guessing TG meant that HE already put a note on what he mentioned? Its a secret little back channel communication network the Mods have.

I had the problem with posting a few weeks back...but I've never had the log in problem some have mentioned.

Old 08-03-09, 01:11 PM
I've been having login problems for over a week now. I've tried the couple of logins on the home page and it works just randomly.
I thought it was cookies preventing me from logging in, but it wasn't.

Never got a reply from any moderators.

Old 08-03-09, 01:54 PM
oversight

I think the problem has not been rectified due to an oversight because this has been the "go to" forum for years.
I got a message from a friend I had referred to a forum here and he commented that this was the slowest forum he had ever visitied.
I take issue with that as the speed is fine.
I think that when the particular "sign in" problem is made known, it will be rectified.
'Do it yourself' has been one of the best sites on the web for years.
I wish I had the skilll to volunteer but you need to have knowledge before you can dispense it.

Old 08-04-09, 02:15 AM
I've not had trouble logging in lately, but I have found it impossible to post a project on the "did it myself" section. I've tried countless times, but keep getting an error message. I tried contacting the webmaster too, but to no avail.

Old 08-04-09, 03:26 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Just so you will know.....the webmaster does not exist. The link to them goes to an empty mailbox. Over the past couple of years, I have sent information to them that IMO would help or bring things to their attention. Never a response. Never a "clarification" request. (sort of like writing your Senator) I think we can do better. Eventually, with enough unsolved problems, we will, or we will fail.

Old 08-04-09, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator
The link to the webmaster does exist but does not seem to be used since our site was bought by IB a while ago.

We have been talking to the techs about these problems but sometimes they have difficulty sorting them out when they don't experience them when testing.

The problem is very sporadic.
As long as diydotcom has had these problems I personally have not experienced them, even with three computers and two browsers and at work on my employer's network.

They did have a fix for the Did It Myself area but obviously it does not work for everyone.

Old 08-04-09, 09:16 AM
Hi there,

I had (and I still have) the same problem. I reported the problem to the TD, but.....

In the meantime I found a workaround--> There are two ways to Login-->
1 - using the fields "User name / screen name" and "password" (Right side of the name "DoItYourself.com Community Forums")
2 - Clicking on the word Login (left side of the word "Register")

As the first option doesn't work for me (because I have all the issues described above). I use the second option--> it works almost without problems

Old 08-04-09, 11:31 AM
Patricia

Left side of the word register did it -thank you

Old 08-04-09, 01:16 PM
Not an option for everyone, but I just use the "remember me" check box and I do not have to log-in. I have not had a problem with posting or speed.

Old 08-04-09, 08:18 PM
I have checked the "remember me" box every time I log in & it will forget me after sometimes a couple days,, sometimes onle a couple hours.... Remember Me doesen't always work, either.... Roger

Old 08-05-09, 08:48 AM
Admin Emeritus
Smile Being Heard and Resolving Problems

Posts that are not specifically topic related should not be posted in the forums. Let's stay on topic in all forums please... This post was moved here, as a result.

Having a website issue or problem? Send a PM explaining the problem in detail to a moderator....

Also be aware that many problems are more then likely to be specific to you, your computer, it's connection to the WWW, your ISP, web traffic and/or the OS of the computer your using, it's settings, etc. and not directly site related.

Some are also "very sporadic" as correctly mentioned. Lots of possible variations not even mentioned here....

What is known, is you're all heard. Not many, if any problems posted or sent to a group or super moderator not get passed along to myself or a tech. I report almost everyone sent, posted or mentioned.

And every one of them gets looked into. Far better and much faster then ever possible before. And by highly expert techs too! Best ever, IMO.

Problem is, not all reported problems are site directly caused by the site nor it's software, etc. nor site specific. This isn't television....

Not all of us have a problem nor the same problem and/or condition. Trying to find a reported problem that cannot be duplicated or duplicated repeatedly, creates it's own problems.

There just might not be any problem.

Hope this explains some of the concerns. And glad there are concerns from those whom do care.... You are being heard and there is work going on behind the scenes. It just takes time and some patience.

Beer 4U2

Old 08-05-09, 08:59 AM
report an issue

Hi Sharp
Your message was well written and thank you for the advice and concern. This was my first site when I got my pc years ago and my fav.
I would like to ask one question I am not sure about.
If a person has a technical problem with the doityourself site not just one forum, where shoud he or she report it? I ask this because I was the one who started the thread and am not sure I put it in the right place.
Thank you

Old 08-05-09, 10:44 AM
How did I get subscribed to this thread when I do not have a post in it, or did I make a post that got deleted somehow?

Old 08-05-09, 12:43 PM
You subscribe to the General Chats forum and it was moved there, so TAG, you're it!!!

Old 08-05-09, 03:43 PM
Freeze tag or TV tag? Just curious.

Old 08-05-09, 04:15 PM
Group Moderator
Late apologies, Peterr, on my original reply; as Guns surmised I meant "I" had put a note in. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Old 08-05-09, 06:08 PM
Group Moderator
Originally Posted by hopkinsr2 View Post
I have checked the "remember me" box every time I log in & it will forget me after sometimes a couple days,, sometimes onle a couple hours.... Remember Me doesen't always work, either.... Roger
Do you clear your cookies? Remembering needs cookies stored on your computer. Failure to accept cookies or java script off could affect ability to login.

Old 08-05-09, 08:19 PM
I don't clear cookies from my computer very often... It doesen't seem to have a pattern... It forgets me any time it likes.... Roger

Old 08-06-09, 03:04 AM
I had to set the security options to "Trusted" and allow third-party cookies for this site only. After that it remembered me.

Old 08-13-09, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Rick Johnston View Post
I had to set the security options to "Trusted" and allow third-party cookies for this site only. After that it remembered me.
>>That is great to know; somehow it just started remembering me without adjustments but that won't hurt.
Thanx

Search this Thread