Football

Old 08-20-09, 07:43 PM
Football

I am so happy that football season will soon be starting--
because---that may give me one or two days a week that some stinking politician doesn't have all day to tell me that he knows better than me how I should live my life.
**** e'm............................

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-09, 01:02 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
So will you be cheering on Brett Farve until he is 50? I think he is trying to surpass George Blanda.

Old 08-27-09, 11:31 PM
I'm rooting for the Dallas Cowboys!

Old 08-28-09, 07:30 AM
So will you be cheering on Brett Farve until he is 50?
As a Jet fan, I'm glad to see him somewhere/anywhere else. I think its time for Brett to go home, relax and watch football on tv on Sunday afternoon.

I am so happy that football season will soon be starting--
because---that may give me one or two days a week that some stinking politician doesn't have all day to tell me that he knows better than me how I should live my life.
Don't be surprised to see the pres doing 30 second commercials on Sunday afternoons when he knows he has a big audience.

Old 09-02-09, 07:02 AM
Brett can still throw. I had reservations about him in his prime. I often thought he lucked out by winging down field off his back foot while being pursued. Sometimes they led to touchdowns or big gains. Other times, for his (in)famous (record setting number of...) interceptions.

But-----40 ain't old. Take it from me. For some reason, sports seems to make people out, who are 35 even, to be old. I can't figure that. Not everyone ages the same. I don't think Brett should follow any sort of rule of thumb. His body will decide for him. Let him go on to set records others can't catch for years.

Old 09-02-09, 08:39 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Being in the home area of the Bengals ( team motto="wait 'til next year") and the Reds who have the same team motto, at least my local politicians provide some comedy relief.

Old 09-02-09, 03:52 PM
Back in the late 60's and early 70's people were driving around with "The Pack is Back" bumper stickers. Yet the Pack was never back. We went years and years and years, hoping. Only to be told it was (another) rebuild year.

Then, Don "The Magic Man" Majkowski became our hope in late 80's. But he blew the season ('90?) on a pass on the final game that cost us the chance at the playoffs(even though they went 10-6). Lots of cussing at him went on, I remember.

Old 09-02-09, 06:58 PM
The Pack never recovered after St. Vincent died, IMO. I'm so glad someone else got Michael Vick, so we can get on with Falcon Fever.
The president doing ads on Football Sunday just makes for a long kitchen break for goodies. I can't see footballers sitting there mesmerized by his rhetoric.

Old 09-02-09, 08:03 PM
Brett is in MN for one last year (probably).

He really wanted to go there when the Pack wanted to totally rebuild the philosophy and methods. The release requirements were that Brett could not go to Chicago, Minnesota or Detroit, but the Jets got him for a year as a "walking wounded" at the end of that year.

The Jets released him and he could where he wanted. Farve/Favre worked with Paul Childress, who was a coach at Wisconsin and Brett was developing at Green Bay, so there was relationship. Brett bought a condo in Minnesota a few months before he signed.

His main value is as a teacher, trainer, communication with the players in addition to play a part of the season and survive. He might even be able to go bird hunting and fishing with Bud Grant, a retired Viking coach. I don't think anyone expects him to be a full time starter for the season, but he will definitely teach (in common language) and motivate.

His purple Jersey sales are #1by far in the NFL and are worn by kids and adults, some of which have a "cheesehead" with horns and painted purple on top.

It is certainly interesting and can be a good short term experience. They have even slowed the "jamming" of Viking radio and TV signals at the border to Wisconsin that is 20 miles from the stadium. - Good friendly rivals.

Dick

Old 09-03-09, 06:59 AM
Friendly rivals? Sounds like an oxymoron.

In EC, Wisconsin, we have to deal with this huge influx of Minnesota kids at UW-EC here. Not too many killings here, over their allegiance.

To add to your interesting post, did you hear that the Minnesota MNF game was the highest rated cable show that week?

Search this Thread