In-Laws

Old 09-11-09, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator
In-Laws

All,
10 days of in-law visits...1500-2000 miles of driving will be required. And they are coming here!!! Wish me luck..Pray for me..rescue me if I call?

No, not looking forward to this..can you guess? Why does someone elses vacation always wind up costing me at least $500?

Jeez

Vic

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-09, 05:03 PM
nap
Got a solution for ya:

hop in your car and start driving to their house. When they get to your house and call your cell just say:

WHAT?? I thought we were going to your house. Dang. I guess you all can hang out at a hotel until we get back in town.

Then, after they leave to go to the hotel, come on back from the McD's down the street (where you really were and not actually driving to their house) and wait for a day or two and call them and say you have car trouble. They had might as well head back home since it doesn't look like you will even get back before they have to leave.

Old 09-11-09, 07:21 PM
Group Moderator
Only problem with that plan is their In-laws. For it to work the wife would also have to be on board.

Good luck man! Maybe you can take him to the range a squeeze off a few? Think of it as stimulating the economy.

BTW - Did you get my PM about the safe?

Old 09-12-09, 08:52 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
When they call next time, start coughing and sneezing alot. H1N1 is just around the corner. Talk with a raspy voice. Maybe your wife won't be in the room and you can get away with it. Devious cusses, aren't we??

Old 09-12-09, 02:51 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
....but just remember ' if the wife aint happy.......'

maybe some urgent work will come up and you will have to excuse yourself to take care of it

Old 09-12-09, 03:17 PM
nap
I forgot what you do for a living gunguy. If a carpenter, if you don;t have an in-law apartment or even better, an in-law house out back, I would suggest building one real quick.

Old 09-12-09, 05:22 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You're right Nap, that's what I do. Unlock the weekend rental cabin, adjust the thermostat for wherever they came from (Florida folks like it warmer), and tell them we may not be home when you arrive and to go on up.
Sometimes I call when we get home, sometimes I forget.

Old 09-13-09, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator
Well, I survived the 2 days in Las Vegas...2 more days til the rest of the tribe show up and wife will be showing the MIL and FIL Sedona for at least one of those days...I may survive as long as the breweries don't shut down. Once the grand kids and great grandkid (theirs!! not mine!!) show up..the pressure will be off me to participate in anything mostly.

Nap...semi retired here til the local economy picks up...so no job emergencies. Luckily I have my garage mancave and I get up early and go to bed early (before anyone else in both cases). Nothing to stay up late for in this small town..so I should make it.

Thanks for all the support!

Oh..TI yes I got them sorry I didn't have some time to respond. No TS's out here..and they were a little pricier than I wanted..but thx for the heads up. Oh and I also found out there was the USPCA Nationals going on this weekend in LV..GD it..why do all the people mess up anything I would like to do! I THINK I met Bruce Piatt leaving the hotel this morning

Last edited by Gunguy45; 09-13-09 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-16-09, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator
Jeez...its getting worse..now the whole tribe is here. Haven't seen the cats in 2 days. Spent 6 hrs trying to fix nephews Suburban POC. Non adjustable door hinges??? WTF is up with that!!? Had to fabricate a bushing out of a piece of brass nipple I had.

I'll survive..with the grace of god, my loving wife, and many Miller Lites.

Grand Canyon trip tomorrow....oh joy 200 miles to a hole in the ground that I've seen before many times.

I'm missing being active here more than anything else..that and the quiet, calm life that I moved here for.

Old 09-18-09, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Gunguy45 View Post
All,
10 days of in-law visits...1500-2000 miles of driving will be required. And they are coming here!!! Wish me luck..Pray for me..rescue me if I call?

No, not looking forward to this..can you guess? Why does someone elses vacation always wind up costing me at least $500?

Jeez

Vic
You mean the outlaws.......
My outlaws came to visit for 6 months once........I almost blew my brains out on that one.
Was seriously looking for place to move into by myself if they stayed any longer.

Old 09-18-09, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator
Mackey...what caliber..and do you still have it? I'd hate to get mine all dirty...

How do you older guys with big families manage? There was a reason I never had kids..but I guess it didn't work out....

Old 09-18-09, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Gunguy45 View Post
Mackey...what caliber..and do you still have it? I'd hate to get mine all dirty...

How do you older guys with big families manage? There was a reason I never had kids..but I guess it didn't work out....
Don't worry, just a figure of speech but if I had one it would be a 9MM Glock.