guitar question


Old 09-19-09, 05:12 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: usa
Posts: 1,363
guitar question

whats that thing called that you stick on the neck of the guitar while playing so you don't go beyond a point. some say its cheating but i've seen Keith Richards of the rolling stones use it.i think it might be called a stop tailpiece but im not sure.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-09, 05:30 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 43,017
I think you are referring to a capo.
Old 09-19-09, 06:23 AM
chandler's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 39,968
It's not "cheating". The capo changes the key of the guitar overall so you can adapt to different song keys.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:17 PM.