Site Help

Old 09-26-09, 06:12 AM
Site Help

Hope this is the right place for this. Each time I sign on, I am taken to an old post I entered months ago. I have looked at every option I can find to eliminate this behavior. Tracking is off and I am not subscribed to any threads. I have a more recent post that doesn't behave this way. Can anyone tell me how to make that old post go away?!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-09, 06:29 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums! I'm not a moderator, and I am sure they will chime in here shortly. Try deleting cookies on your computer. Something is triggering this, and the cookies may be doing it. Of course there may be a setting on this site that will cure it, so give them a chance to eat breakfast.

Old 09-26-09, 06:39 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I might be a moderator but that doesn't mean I'm overly pc smart

I think you might have bookmarked the wrong page. Try going here 1st;
DoItYourself.com Community Forums - Home Improvement & Home Repair Questions & Answers

Old 09-27-09, 05:08 AM
Fixed - Thank You

Thanks for the help. I deleted my old login script and made a new one. Problem solved! Wonder what I was drinking the day I created that old script??...

Old 09-27-09, 01:26 PM
Surely not kool-aid. Oh darn, that's for another discussion. Glad you got it fixed!! Keep the questions or advice coming, we look forward to it.

Old 09-27-09, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator
Jerry....just wondering...

Why do you have some sort of script? I just put a link on the desktop when I first started here..and now its added to start automatically when I open my browser (can't remember what that's called). I haven't signed in in months and months...and even then it was a site problem..not me.

Old 09-27-09, 01:35 PM
I just bookmark the page after I log in. Click on that, and I'm back at the beginning, logged and everything.