Nobel peace prize

Old 10-09-09, 05:23 AM
Nobel peace prize

Won for not being Bush-----------
What a sense of humor.............................

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-09, 09:29 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I just came home for lunch and punched up the news. Can you believe that stuff? Starting a contest....first one who can name something Obama has done to promote peace (besides apologizing for our corrupt country) wins.
I'll check back on Monday to see if there is any activity.

Old 10-09-09, 12:58 PM
Group Moderator
Ummm, let's see...he got N. Korea & Iran to give up their nuke programs?

Think he'll donate the prize money to ACORN?

Best quote I've seen so far:

"I suppose an organization that thought Yasser Arafat worthy of the same prize [1994] can't be taken seriously anyway."

Old 10-09-09, 01:41 PM
I just laughed when I heard about this. I believe he was nominated for it 10 days after he got in office. Did Rush Limbaugh once get nominated for this? hahaha

Old 10-09-09, 01:51 PM
Aw c'mon guys. Give him a break. The guy has fixed the economy, his health care program has cured everyone's illness' and peace has broken out all over. If Al Gore hadn't invented the internet first, I'm sure Obama would have done it by now.

Old 10-09-09, 02:54 PM
he promoted a 500 billion peace from medicare to obamacare---that's a lot-o-peace.
AHH--bummer---the spelling ain't rite--I guess that don't count................

Old 10-09-09, 04:13 PM
Group Moderator
Old 10-09-09, 06:31 PM
Went out to eat with friends tonight (rare treat, nowadays), and one guy made a statement that really made sense to me. Medicare and Medicaid aren't really all that bad....it is the administration of the programs that sucks. If we need a "universal" plan, why not use the ones we already have in place, fire everyone who is administrating it now and hire spitfire administrators. Fund it (surely we can do it with less money than they propose to spend on Obamacare). Make it universal, pay doctors a fair price for their services, rather than the pittance they get now, and quit spending money on stupid stuff. For instance, someone mentioned they are renting oxygen generators for people who need them at a rate of $1700, when they can be bought for about $800.
Why do we have to reinvent the wheel???

Old 10-09-09, 06:55 PM
Firing people? The 40-some czars, or whatever, have to have someone to boss around.

Old 10-09-09, 11:19 PM
@chandler
That's a good thought-but-it won't work with this goverment--they are not going
to let the American people have a policy as good as medicare ( as it is now )
Their plan is to bleed medicare to death.............
god knows what kind of abortion they are planning........................

Re: our fearless leader-------if he was a smart leader--he would give back the Nobel & let them give it to someone who
deserves it---BUT--his ego is too big...................

Old 10-10-09, 07:19 AM
Ec, heck no, they'd be the first to go, then trickle down until you get to a firm foundation. Sort of like building. It will only be as good as your foundation.
JHoward, but do you agree on the premise that having an existing program that needs funding, tweaking and jump starting would be so much better than starting over with so much government involved?

Old 10-10-09, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
Ec, heck no, they'd be the first to go, then trickle down until you get to a firm foundation. Sort of like building. It will only be as good as your foundation.
JHoward, but do you agree on the premise that having an existing program that needs funding, tweaking and jump starting would be so much better than starting over with so much government involved?
Yes I do.................
But what do you get---------they take 500 billion out of a
program ( they say is going broke ) to feed a new program that
will cost way more than madicare & we won't find out what that program is for a long time.
They said their program will cover everybody---all of the sudden--25 million will not be covered---what the hell are they
doing???????????????????

Another point: their program will not kick in until sometime in
2013------BUT---------Medicare cuts & tax increases for the
new program will kick in immed.----NICE........

Last edited by j HOWARD; 10-10-09 at 08:28 AM.
Old 10-10-09, 02:23 PM
But think through it logically, now.....say they don't have a new program. No money will be taken from the existing program. Some new money will be fed into the old program to prop it up. It will be administered by new people dedicated to make it work. Forget the new program....it won't fly, anyway. Would you go for it?

Old 10-10-09, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
But think through it logically, now.....say they don't have a new program. No money will be taken from the existing program. Some new money will be fed into the old program to prop it up. It will be administered by new people dedicated to make it work. Forget the new program....it won't fly, anyway. Would you go for it?
I liked medicare the way it was---but I have already received
a 300% increase in my preminums for 2010--I can't see this happening. Also my medicare policy will be eliminated in 2011--
-I guess they think it iis too good for seniors.
Why all the speculation ??????

Old 10-10-09, 05:05 PM
I'm not in the program, yet, but I am interested in what you think. I think without all the things that are happening due to government intervention, you would be somewhat OK with the plan like it was. Not withstanding any increase you have encountered (that can be remedied by the infusion of new money destined for the new plan that will fail), and proper administration, I really think the existing programs can be tailored to meet the needs of the people. Like I said, why reinvent the wheel when we have a potential program that can be fixed, retroactively to make it palatable.
Like I said, just curious as to your reactions. Take care.

Old 10-10-09, 06:22 PM
@chandler

Arn't you on champus insurance?
Not affected by new gov. programs?
Lucky guy............................................

Old 10-10-09, 06:54 PM
Nope, wifey has BCBS at the hospital where she works, but it is getting more expensive and higher deductibles every year.
Will be on M/M someday, however. And we gotta do something about it, soon.

Old 10-10-09, 08:31 PM
I like my BC/BS medicare advantage PFFS policy
Was $63 per month ( that was the highest b/cause I lived beside Detriot ) some areas in the state had no pay ( up north ) Was $0 to go to hosp. ( this year they changed to$700 or $500 depending on your policy.)
This was part D & included Rx coverage--BC/BS handled your policy for the goverment.

You had to pay your medicare part B---$90 some dollars per month.

$25 to $35 for Dr. office visit.

I liked the insurance...........
For 2010 there is a $300 % increase in the $63 premium----everything else appears to stay about the same. This policy will be deleted in 2011---according to the gov. it gives the old folks to good a policy. When they suck $500 billion out of medicare---you can kiss all those fancy tests good bye that I get b/cause of my heart attack.
Have no idea what will happen in the future.........................

Last edited by j HOWARD; 10-10-09 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-11-09, 06:36 AM
Originally Posted by j HOWARD View Post
I like my BC/BS medicare advantage PFFS policy
Was $63 per month ( that was the highest b/cause I lived beside Detriot ) some areas in the state had no pay ( up north ) Was $0 to go to hosp. ( this year they changed to$700 or $500 depending on your policy.)
This was part D & included Rx coverage--BC/BS handled your policy for the goverment.

You had to pay your medicare part B---$90 some dollars per month.

$25 to $35 for Dr. office visit.

I liked the insurance...........
For 2010 there is a $300 % increase in the $63 premium----everything else appears to stay about the same. This policy will be deleted in 2011---according to the gov. it gives the old folks to good a policy. When they suck $500 billion out of medicare---you can kiss all those fancy tests good bye that I get b/cause of my heart attack.
Have no idea what will happen in the future.........................
As a footnote to this: I had a stent implant operation--a plack removal operation ( 4" of artery in neck--which gave me a bonus of acid reflux disease -----an explore operation for throat problems from second operation.
Numerous tests of various kinds--about 10 Dr. office visits ---
All three operations in hospital.
Total cost to me---about $1200.00 plus my premiums.My Rx run approx. $115.00 every 90 days.

As you can see---no way in hell is this present goverment going to allow the average American to have a policy like this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by j HOWARD; 10-11-09 at 06:56 AM.
Old 10-11-09, 10:23 AM
Wow. You guys have it easy. I walked into the ER with what turned out to be a sprained ankle. Cost= $2000

$356 for X-Rays

The rest for the 5 mins the doctor took to look at the xrays.

Something needs to be done.

Old 10-11-09, 10:35 AM
Don' sweat it---they will destroy it very quickly.....
I paid into all those years( double as an employer) at least I got something out of it
b/4 our fearless leader destroys it.

How much did you pay or your insurance?????

I can tell you I would have liked to have been well & not sick.
It ain't no fun........................

Something is being done---rate climbing---500 billion taken out of program---policies being deleted----
Next: death panels???????>

Old 10-11-09, 10:42 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
That's one of the good things I like about medicare. Last year when I cut the tip of my thumb off and although I was there for several hours, the total time I spent with a doctor, nurse, x-ray, etc. was less than 1/2 hr. When the bill came it showed an initial charge of over $1200 but medicare cut the price down to around $300, my part was a little under $60

Ofcourse I'm sure the hospital wasn't crazy about the lower payment and they do have to fund the remodeling that has been going on for the last 15 yrs.... and the hospital was built in 1991