Time change

Old 11-01-09, 01:35 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Time change

Aaah, the equinox brings with it the incorrect time on the forum, again. Feel better already. Don't guess there is anything that can be done with it, huh?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-09, 02:39 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Ya, you would think that would be one of the easy things to work out with the web site.... but what I know about operating a web site would be a gallon short of filling a thimble

I'll give them a few days and then if the time is still wrong, I'll change the time zone in my user CP.

Old 11-01-09, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator
It likely won't automatically adjusted like last time.
Just changed my settings today and will be doing it again in March.

Greg

Old 11-01-09, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator
Time change? What time change? The sun came up about the same time..and is starting down now....

Time change???? Doesn't the world revolve around moi?

Old 11-01-09, 03:54 PM
Group Moderator
Is Arizona still bucking the DST program? Beer 4U2

Old 11-01-09, 04:24 PM
nap
Originally Posted by the_tow_guy View Post
Is Arizona still bucking the DST program? Beer 4U2
I believe so, along with Hawaii. Indiana finally caved in to the majority 3 years ago although they do have a split in the state as to what time zone they are in.

Old 11-01-09, 05:48 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Oh, Vic, we forgot the "zona" people don't adhere to the norm!!! I believe Evansville is on Eastern and the rest is on Central. Locally, Lanett Alabama observes Eastern time....mainly because most of the folks work in the mills inWest Point, GA. Or it was at one time, anyway. HAWAII!!!??? Who knows what time zone they are on anyway? They could change and no one would notice.

Old 11-01-09, 09:46 PM
We don't change time ever. Apparently it would throw the cows off their schedules? Would be nice to get 18 holes in after work. I go 700 miles west and its still the same time as us. Just gets me PO'd

Old 11-02-09, 05:22 AM
nap
what do you mean you don't change time? I thought Canada observed DST.

and 700 miles without hitting a different time zone? I see where there are several areas that do have large expanses of land without a time zone change but considering the fact you are in Canada, that affects what? 12 or 13 people total?

Heck, I don't know what kind of pull you guys have on the folks in the US that set the time zones but I blame you guys for me being in the eastern time zone. You have the split well into Ontario province, well beyond where it should be and for some reason, the US saw the need to align with you where it crosses the border.

I am in western Mi and geographically, we should be in the central time zone. The eastern/central time zone split should be on the other side of Michigan.

Old 11-02-09, 10:39 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Canada uses six primary time zones. From east to west they are Newfoundland Time Zone, Atlantic Time Zone, Eastern Time, Central Time Zone, Mountain Time Zone, and the Pacific Time Zone.

In most of Canada Daylight Saving Time begins at 2:00 a.m. local time on the second Sunday in March. On the first Sunday in November areas on Daylight Saving Time return to Standard Time at 2:00 a.m. During Daylight Saving Time turn your clocks ahead one hour

There are exceptions in parts of the country but this is the norm.

Old 11-02-09, 01:18 PM
Saskatchewan is never the norm. We don't do DST. Always a big debate here. Figure there's too many people that can't reprogram their electronics twice a year and don't want to get up an hour earlier every day.

Old 11-02-09, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator
Ya, Sask is just a bit to the left of us.
When we are on DST and go there we don't have to do any math to know what time it is.

Old 11-02-09, 03:40 PM
nap
working mainly in Indiana, the land of those that do not know how to set a clock, when I was running a service truck I told my boss; I have an idea that will make you a million dollars but you have to agree to share it equally with me rather than pay my hourly rate.

He bit and agreed. I said, print me up some magnet signs for my work van that said:

DST got you confused?

We will reset your clocks for a small service fee.

It took him a minute to realize I was making fun of the Indiana folks that gripe about having to change their clocks.

I don't work for him anymore.

Old 11-02-09, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by GregH View Post
Ya, Sask is just a bit to the left of us.
When we are on DST and go there we don't have to do any math to know what time it is.
Good thing there's no math involved or Manitobans would be timeless after crossing the border : (I can rib cause my Dad lives in Manitoba)

Old 11-02-09, 09:15 PM
The forum time is based off the time on the server the forum runs on. So just depends on where that server is located and if the system observes and automatically corrects for DST.