Parts of My Posts Vanishing

Old 12-23-09, 02:24 PM
Group Moderator
Parts of My Posts Vanishing

The first time I noticed it was over in lighting. Only the first word of my post remained. At first I thought maybe a mod had deleted most of it. But then I noticed in another the word "like" had been changed to four asterisks. And I see now that another post of mine was reduced to the first part of a block quote and an ampersand.

All of these happened to posts I edited but the posts were ok after I edited them. Pretty sure I rechecked then later and they were fine. I don't know if it is relevant but I have had a terrible time posting lately. I choose save or submit and nothing happens, Eventually I hit escape and try again. Usually third time it works. I don't have this problem in other forums so I doubt it is my computer. If I don't keep retrying it just times out after a fer minutes. May be unrelated to parts of my posts disappearing because I have been having trouble for weeks posting and never had my posts disappear from the forum later.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-09, 06:48 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It's a conspiracy! I would get with Tom (aka. Sharp Advice) and see if they can figure out what happened.

Old 12-24-09, 04:31 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
There have been problems with the forums over the last month but they have been working to resolve them. It seems like every time they rework the forum to make it better ?? there are all kinds of bugs to work out

Usually the ****s indicate a cuss word has been automatically edited out. When they 1st set that up, it had trouble with the 1st 3 letters of assume or the middle 3 in glass. Maybe the program got confused and thought 'like' was a dirty word

Hopefully everything will get worked out if you continue to have issues let Sharp Advice or any of the mods know and it will get forwarded to the techs.