This is just UGLY....

Old 12-24-09, 05:58 AM
Group Moderator
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-09, 08:01 PM
If your on the back side of it its not all that bad.

Now at about 3:00am this morning it was very nasty. No power, wind 55mph, down pour of rain, cold, but other than that, it wasn't all that bad.

Travis

That is a nasty lookin storm!

Old 12-25-09, 07:00 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
We got a rare snow yesterday....

Old 12-25-09, 11:28 AM
We got the same as Travis. Horrible winds (40 mph+) and rain all night. I had to get out and help the food pantry fix meals-on-wheels this morning, so I left 30 minutes early not knowing how many trees were downed between here and there. Creeks and rivers are about 3' from cresting. Glad all that mess is over!!

Old 12-26-09, 04:47 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
It was rough here as well!! Woke up yesterday to strong winds. About 6:30-7am the power went out and my wife decided she better leave for work early but I told her to wait so I could check out the driveway first. I went to get in the jeep and noticed an old metal shed was trying to shed it's walls

Anyway, I headed down the driveway removing tree limbs as I went until I came across a tree top too big to move.Went back to the top to get my chainsaw and the wind was so strong I struggled to open the jeep door [80 mph winds or so they said]. The metal shed was flopping strongly. Cleared the driveway and returned to the top to find the metal shed in 2 main piles, 1 atop the dog and the roof on top of my truck. Dog was fine, just scared. Also saw an old out building no longer had a roof

Well my wife went to work with no incidents and I set out on a list of errands [bring plates of food to shut in relatives] and visit friends. Stayed out way longer than I intended [past dark, too late to retrieve generator out of the barn] only to find the dead end road I live on backed up with power company trucks cutting and removing trees from power lines. Finally got them to jockey their trucks around so I could get to my driveway.

I went to bed early and woke up in the middle of the night hearing beeps and clicks.... and then the power came back on

Good thing our family celebrates Christmas the night before anyway, Merry Christmas everyone!..... even if it is a day late.

Old 12-27-09, 04:19 PM
Gee. I guess according to what I am reading, we got off the hook here pretty good.

What irritates me though is people pay local taxes - and now they have this new policy that they only plow side streets after so many inches of snow. We have now had on several occasions where slush freezes, forming furrows in the roads, and can possibly send cars to the front-end alignment shop at car-owner's expense, or cause vehicles with low ground clearance to have certain parts bottom out. This is very disturbing. I will spare you any gov't rant.

Old 01-02-10, 08:40 PM
Mr. Tow Guy,

You wouldn't have a spare room for cheap would you? I gotta get out of here....

Overnight

Mostly
Clear
Lo -36 F

Old 01-02-10, 10:11 PM
Dang guy!! Thats just flat cold..

Old 01-03-10, 04:52 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Our 11 degrees this morning is colder than I like but it must feel like a heat wave compared to 36 below

Old 01-03-10, 02:59 PM
Group Moderator
Sorry, Baldwin; daughter's home from college another 10 days followed by mother visiting. Want to get on the stand-by reservation list?

I don't think it made 50 today and supposed to get into 30s tonight, but no freeze warnings this far south. Spousal unit and I did manage to go 18 holes today, but it was overcast, breezy, and pretty chilly. Didn't seem to bother her; she waxed my butt for I think the first time ever, by 2 strokes net and she was half a dozen strokes closer to her par than me as well. I did manage to chip one in from about 30 feet for a birdie so I got bragging rights for best shot of the day. On the plus side I think there was maybe two dozen people on the whole course.

Old 01-06-10, 05:02 AM
Group Moderator
HEY! Whoever left the door open at the Mason-Dixon Line please CLOSE it! Woke up to 36 degrees this morning. Geez!

Where's Al Gore when you need him.

Old 01-06-10, 06:11 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Ya, this global warming is freezing me

It's not supposed to get above freezing here until next tuesday when it's supposed to top out at 37` I used to live in central fla and remember 36 degrees being too cold to work outside but right now I'd welcome some balmy 36` weather

The schools let out for Christmas break early because of the 12/18 snow and haven't opened back up because of the cold temps and the more recent snow. Our grandson won't know how to act whenever they decide to open the schools back up.

Old 01-06-10, 03:55 PM
Better hold on, Mark, snow tomorrow around noon, here, with freezing rain and sleet. Should be a GREAT workday

Old 01-06-10, 05:45 PM
If nothing else it should keep the skeeters at bay for a while. I haven't seen one in months.

Old 01-06-10, 06:03 PM
Gee, where I live it hasn't been below forty for at least a week!

Old 01-07-10, 03:40 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Larry, they're forecasting the same for here It looks like the schools won't open back up until next week. It's supposed to finally get above freezing next tuesday - 39 degrees.

I've always liked the east tenn winters, a little snow now and then but it rarely sticks around more than a few days. As I said earlier - this global warming is freezing me