Using Quotes

Old 12-30-09, 06:51 PM
Using Quotes

Using Quotes

I have tried different steps to use the Quote option and not succeeded. Please advise on the steps I should use.

Also, is there an option where I can receive an e-mail when a post has been answered?

Thanks,
Jerry

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-09, 03:44 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by Jerry8A View Post
Using Quotes

I have tried different steps to use the Quote option and not succeeded. Please advise on the steps I should use.

Also, is there an option where I can receive an e-mail when a post has been answered?

Thanks,
Jerry
Jerry, hit the quote button at the bottom of a reply and it will copy and paste it to your new post. As far as receiving a response, go to your User CP, click on Edit Options and check the appropriate box in the Default Thread Subscription part.

Larry

Old 12-31-09, 05:45 AM
Group Moderator
Originally Posted by Jerry8A View Post
Note of caution, though; please use the "Quote" option sparingly. Once you have hit the quote button you can edit anything between "QUOTE" and "/QUOTE" so as to only quote that portion of the text that needs quoting [see example above]. I frequently have to edit down a post where the member habitually quotes an entire post - some of them quite lengthy - rather than using the "Reply" button.

Old 12-31-09, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator
Another way to do this, if you just want to quote one line or a few words, is to highlight what you want to quote (drag your cursor over it and pick "copy" from the right-click option), then pick "paste" in the reply box, then highlight it again and click on the last button in the reply toolbar above (the "wrap [QUOTE] button") which will then quote it.

Old 12-31-09, 02:28 PM
Thanks to all who replied. When I tried it before, I always got the complete message. So, your answers on quoting a few lines were helpful.

Also, thanks for the replying notification help.

Jerry