Mini Ice Age Coming

Old 01-11-10, 12:13 PM
Group Moderator
Mini Ice Age Coming

I was always a bit puzzled by the talk of global warming because when I was growing up the forecast was for a new ice age. Seems that prediction has resurfaced. It is fueled not by computer projections but by actual measurement of Arctic ice fields, sea temperatures, and atmospheric temperatures.

The bitter winter afflicting much of the Northern Hemisphere is only the start of a global trend towards cooler weather that is likely to last for 20 or 30 years, say some of the world’s most eminent climate scientists.

Their predictions – based on an analysis of natural cycles in water temperatures in the Pacific and Atlantic oceans – challenge some of the global warming orthodoxy’s most deeply cherished beliefs, such as the claim that the North Pole will be free of ice in
summer by 2013.

According to the US National Snow and Ice Data Centre in Colorado, Arctic summer sea ice has increased by 409,000 square miles, or 26 per cent, since 2007 – and even the most committed global warming activists do not dispute this.

Read more: DAVID ROSE: The mini ice age starts here | Mail Online

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-10, 03:28 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
With the low temps we've been having, I thought we were in the middle of an ice age

Old 01-11-10, 04:08 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Our lows for the past few nights have been unseasonably cold.....2,4,11. But global warming is just around the corner. It's called Spring.

Old 01-11-10, 05:20 PM
omma be prepared!!

I don't care! When the year 2000 rolls 'round, I'm gonna have the whole kit: a big vat of the finest, most expensive peeyooreefied water, a generator, and ... an umbrella... and ... wait a minute didn't we already do this?

Old 01-11-10, 06:10 PM
So does this mean all the talk about melting polar ice caps and glaciers, causing sea levels to rise, is a madeup farce? And if the melting is occuring, like according to timelapse photos I have seen of certain glaciers, then what do mini-ice age people say about that one? Or the show that shows how polar bears may go extinct because currently the ice sheets are shrinking, and more and more arctic ocean is not staying frozen. ???

Old 01-11-10, 06:24 PM
Group Moderator
I don't think the temp has made 60 in about 10 days; can't remember the last time I went this long having to wear long pants and a jacket.

Old 01-11-10, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by the_tow_guy View Post
I don't think the temp has made 60 in about 10 days; can't remember the last time I went this long having to wear long pants and a jacket.
Ahhh the joy of long underwear, heated seats and car starters!!!!

Old 01-12-10, 05:01 AM
I misspoke, again. Someone else mentioned in another post, it is not global warming anymore, but "climate change". My apologies to Al, his oscar and Nobel prize.

Old 01-12-10, 02:39 PM
Blame the global freezing on all these new Eco friendly cars, like the Volt, Prius, etc etc.

Old 01-12-10, 05:11 PM
there aint any global warming around here! been wearing long johns and insulated coveralls and still freezing my butt off. maybe if we had some global warming, i wouldnt have to be at work before the drivers to jump all the trucks. im ready for Chandlers type of warming.......SPRING!

Old 01-12-10, 06:52 PM
The leader of the recent "Global Warming" concept was Al Gore that wanted short term political support without taking conservation measures in his energy swallowing mansion.

You have to separate the climatic projections from the long term projections, the short term (100-1000+ years) climatic cycles and annual variation and especially from local temperatures/conditions. There is little that can be done in "baby step" reactions that only last a few hundred years or more.

All our oil and and the dinosaur extinction was due to factors before man knew about fire and are the results of global heating and cooling cycles that have lasted ages and eons. You don't fool with Mother Nature and usually lose if you try to. - Maybe we should eradicate ants that produce more formic acid and carbon product than man could ever comprehend.

Old 01-13-10, 03:51 PM
Please do tell us more about the ants. I'm up for a good read, once in a while.

Old 01-20-10, 05:11 PM
I see now according to the Bloomberg channel screen bar (last night), that the UN is now questioning the study on glacier melting, and wants to have these studies re-looked into!

Old 01-22-10, 12:33 PM
Here is the scoop and clarification to my last post: An error was made in the projected time the Himilayan glaciers were to melt by. It was supposed to be by the year 2350. Instead, a report was issued, that said by 2035. They got the numbers jumbled around. But they concluded their little story by saying that glaciers are melting(worldwide), at an unprecedented rate.

So if they really are melting away, then that means global warming. Right? So what is the argument?: Who or what is causing it?

Suppose man is responsible for some of it. Say 10 -20%. Do we then say, "Oh, well", and not try to do anything on our part?

Or, welcome this with open arms so that people living up north can go to the beach in the winter and have palm trees growing in their yards, and say the heck with the people who live on coasts that are being inundated with rising water?