Move Over Susan Boyle.....

Old 02-12-10, 04:57 PM
Move Over Susan Boyle.....

I'd never heard of this guy till the other night on Letterman. My, what a voice. Reminds me of Jim Reeves.

YouTube - Josh Turner - Your Smile on David Letterman HD 1080p

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-10, 04:46 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Josh Turner? His last video showcases the range he has in his voice. He starts off each line by sounding like Trace Adkins, with that rich baritone voice - and then stepping up to higher notes, sounding like a tenor. Not quite as fantastic though as the range Mariah Carey has. THAT is something.

I'll visit that provided site when I am in the mood to have my computer freeze up again. Lately, every time I go to provided sites and then back click my top bar goes from dark blue to pale blue(then I know ti is froze up) and I can't click anything and have to reboot.

Old 02-13-10, 05:43 PM
Ok. See what you guys think of this one!
Watch Britain's Got Talent Andrew Johnston Video | Break.com

ecman what happens if you right click on a link and select "open in a new window" or "open in a new tab?"
Then you can just close up that window when you're done while leaving what you were doing alone. 'Cause that sounds like a PITA.

Old 02-13-10, 06:27 PM
I'll visit that provided site when I am in the mood to have my computer freeze up again.
Hmmm....works fine for me. Maybe you have some cheese stuck in your computer somewhere.

Old 02-14-10, 04:25 AM
He's a good artist. My wife swoons at his version of Long Black Train. It could be "blue" cheese, who knows

Old 02-14-10, 11:31 AM
Ha. Very funny about the cheese thing. Funny you don't have Lutefisk stuck in yours? LOL.

I'll try the windows thing.

I wonder why girls and women swoon at certain male artists? Remember how the girls all screamed for those early rockers? And the Beatles - OMG!!!!

I see Josh is high on the record charts in our newspaper's entertainmnet section today. And lately, some of the country artists are topping both the country and general album (usually rock is at the top) charts for the first time in a long time. Taylor Swirft did it. Now Lady Antebellum is #1 in both charts today!

Old 02-15-10, 04:04 PM
Ha. Very funny about the cheese thing. Funny you don't have Lutefisk stuck in yours? LOL.
Now that's just plain cruel mentioning Lutefisk. I would gladly pay $25 for a big plate smothered in cream sauce. Since my parents died I haven't had any, few years now. Good stuff!

I use Google Chrome to check the forums, much faster and no problems. If I have something profound to post I go to IE.

I'll be, iespell doesn't even know what lutefisk is.

Old 02-24-10, 10:07 PM
I love Susan Boyle. When it's about broadway, I also love Lea Salonga, the original Miss Saigon. She also played Eponine in Les Miserables.

Old 02-25-10, 10:03 AM
Susan Boyle is good for an amateur but to even mention her name in the same sentence with Lea Salonga is sacrilege.

Old 02-27-10, 06:17 PM
Waite a minute there is one person that nobody can or ever will touch her range can't even be measured my girl MARIAH CAREY
At 19 Vision of Love #1 I know we are talking about 1990 but even more so she has the staying power. And yes she has changed her image over the years but there IS NOBODY EVER THAT WILL HAVE A VOICE LIKE HERS!.
Ok comming from NYC originally I'm a little biased but she is the GREATEST EVER. It will take any one a loooooong way to go to match her. MARIAH YOUR THE BEST!

Will,

Old 02-28-10, 03:54 PM
And then there is Sandy Patty. Wow, what a voice.

Then there was this young Charlotte Church, who was dubbed as having the voice of an angel. I don't know what ever became of her though.

If you are into women rock singers, Ann Wilson of Heart has a dynamic voice.

Old 02-28-10, 05:51 PM
Charlotte Church ruined her voice by overuse as a child. She's still big in the Uk, had her own television show, maybe still does.

Old 03-01-10, 04:26 PM
Oh dear. That's a shame.25252525

Search this Thread