State of Residency ??

Old 04-18-10, 07:20 PM
Question State of Residency ??

On three occasions over the last two weeks, after I have logged in I get the notification that my "State of Residency" is not submitted.
Why do I have enter this so many times?
After changes I can post OK.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-10, 08:41 PM
Group Moderator
I got this once even though I already had a location in the profile. Another poster in a thread in AC-DC also mentioned this. Certainly it is important and needed change but perhaps too limited as implemented because you must choose a US state. What do the Canadian posters do? For US posters in cities like Chicago or New York city it is important to know the city also. The Idea is not bad but there should also be a second space to add a customized location in addition to state and a selection on the state list for non-US posters to select.

Last edited by ray2047; 04-18-10 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-18-10, 11:18 PM
We get to choose the "state" of Canada . We may be joined at the hip and a bunch of my relatives are US but....

PS: you are catching up now that you too are getting medicare.........be calm, I'm just kidding Was at a bbq recently (in Canada) with some US folks. Health Care came up and we noticed its a pretty touchy subject.

Old 04-19-10, 05:21 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I also got that notice a week or so ago and my area is already in my profile also.... but I couldn't log on until I resubmitted it

Not sure why you would have to submit the info more than once

Old 04-19-10, 08:07 AM
Group Moderator
Originally Posted by marksr View Post
I also got that notice a week or so ago and my area is already in my profile also.... but I couldn't log on until I resubmitted it

Not sure why you would have to submit the info more than once
Probably where your area was previously stored is not what the script that generates the prompt checks.

Old 04-19-10, 01:36 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Or maybe you have to start over after 15,000 posts. They don't believe you really live in eastern Tennessee.

Old 04-19-10, 03:29 PM
I can almost guarantee the site managers never heard of my town, at least in this country. Versailles is a tiny village in
CT, probably more known by the same name in France.

Old 04-19-10, 04:33 PM
Ok I never filled in a field that asked for my Country of Origin but it's listed as Calumet Township Indiana.

Now I look like I can't fill out a form.

Before everyone laughs, your Country of Origin is also listed wrong.

Originally Posted by ray2047 View Post
Probably where your area was previously stored is not what the script that generates the prompt checks.

I think you're on to something.

Old 04-20-10, 03:58 PM
My country is Wisconsin, it turns out. So is my State. I guess if New York can be New York, New York.....I can be Wisconsin, Wisconsin.

Old 04-20-10, 05:14 PM
It's not "COUNTRY", but "County". Heck, everyone knows Wisconsin is in Canada, well almost. I went to change mine, but mine is already there. But you can be from Wisconsin, Wisconsin. Why should New York have a hold on it?

Old 04-20-10, 07:10 PM
Their are fields for COUNTRY of residence, COUNTY (read carefully) and CITY to pin down a location to get better insight and better answers.

If you are ashamed of where you live since there may be people looking for you or if you don't want real assistance/answers you can try to leave out information and get no responses.

Dick

Old 04-21-10, 03:45 AM
I don't know, Dick, I didn't see a "country" space on my profile to change, only "county". May be on the wrong page.

Old 04-21-10, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator
I have State...which also lists Canada...at the top...then..at the bottom, I have County and City.

What...no block for Street? lol

When I look at "Your Profile" it does have a "Country of Origin"...but I don't see anywhere to change it.

Funny...even though it said County was required...I've been trucking right along with it empty. Maybe only affects new members?

Old 04-21-10, 10:51 AM

Something is definitely screwed up.

When I got the notice, I added the "Country of Origin" (USA in my case), the "County" (Ramsey in my case), the "City" (Minneapolis/St. Paul in my case). Minnesota showed up as the "Country). Now when I go to my profile (As People See Me") it shows "Country of Origin" as Minnesota. - I did not know when we became a state. Now when I try to edit that profile, I cannot make the correction.

Apparently the "new/improved" system is picking up some old fields and is not allowing them to be modified/corrected.

It needs some work, but it is a small job with the right programmers.

Dick

Old 04-21-10, 12:13 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I just double checked my profile and while it lists my country and state, county and city have not been filled out - it lists them as n/a.

Some Q&A in the forums need the location info to get the best answers and I assume that's why it was added.... but all I had to do was re enter the state I live in and have had no issues logging on afterwards.

Hopefully they will get all the bugs worked out, just glad it isn't my responsibility
I barely know how to operate a computer much less operate a web site

I hope Giles has gotten his issues resolved, I don't think he's made any posts since starting this thread

Old 04-21-10, 01:27 PM
If the tweakers are at work, I sure hope they get it solved before the Equinox. They still don't have a handle on the time change thingy, and now they are messing with our profiles, that weren't broken in the first place. Aaah, whatcha gotta do to keep a job!!

Old 04-21-10, 03:47 PM
Group Moderator
Well if they need more work how about allowing signatures and avatars from outside servers?

Old 04-21-10, 06:00 PM
I hope Giles has gotten his issues resolved, I don't think he's made any posts since starting this thread
Giles has his "Country of Origin" listed correctly as well as the rest of his profile. Only one out of the ones I looked at. I hope that's not why he's the only one having problems! Seriously, someone should PM him.

Last edited by mickblock; 04-21-10 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-21-10, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
It's not "COUNTRY", but "County". Heck, everyone knows Wisconsin is in Canada, well almost. I went to change mine, but mine is already there. But you can be from Wisconsin, Wisconsin. Why should New York have a hold on it?

Well, if it really says county, I'm not in Wisconsin county either.

We are farther north, I think, than parts of lower Canada. I'll have to look at the map again. Minnesota is what really gets up there. That is why they talk in that "Garage Logic" (880 -AM) accent.

Right, Dick(Concretemasonry)?

Old 04-21-10, 07:30 PM
State of Residency ??

I think I may be further north (45 degrees north) than most of the population of Canada. I am 300 miles south of the closest Canadian boarder and 100 miles north of Iowa (about 400 miles total north to south), so the state does mean as much as the other information when it gets to real help on climate-related posts.

Dick

Old 04-21-10, 08:26 PM
I just double checked my profile and while it lists my country and state, county and city have not been filled out - it lists them as n/a.

Some Q&A in the forums need the location info to get the best answers and I assume that's why it was added.... but all I had to do was re enter the state I live in and have had no issues logging on afterwards.

Hopefully they will get all the bugs worked out, just glad it isn't my responsibility
I barely know how to operate a computer much less operate a web site

Thanks---I am still browsing and issue is resolved so far.

Last edited by Giles; 04-21-10 at 08:28 PM. Reason: words added