Lead-Free lead ??

Old 04-26-10, 04:02 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Lead-Free lead ??

I replaced the battery cable ends on my wife's merc today. I bought the lead free terminal ends because that's what it came with from the factory. I noticed on the back of the plastic packaging it said "This product and packaging contains chemicals, including lead, known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm"

Gotta love those company lawyers

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-10, 05:26 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Sorta like in the 'Haynes manual, you are supposed to disconnect the negative battery cable to replace the brake pads.

Old 04-26-10, 06:44 PM
Marksr, did it say it in English? Amazing. I mean, coming all the way from China and all. And the product may or may not have had lead in it, but the packaging could have, ever think of that? It's all in the wording.

Old 04-27-10, 05:51 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The packaging has 3 languages, english, spanish and I'm not sure

I don't normally look at the instructions but since this seemed to be quite a bit different that the old lead battery cable ends, I thought I'd double check.... but no instructions, just a lead hazard warning in the 3 languages.

The package consisted of plastic, thin cardboard, and the metal parts that make up the connection. In big letters it says it's a product of East Penn Manufacturing, Lyon Station PA followed by the smaller print 'made in china'

I was going to lay awake all night worrying about this but I fell asleep and forgot

Old 04-27-10, 08:24 AM
Then again, the "state of California" has determined about everything we come into contact with is "known to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm"

Old 04-27-10, 12:00 PM
Even the air that leaves the mouths of polticians?