TN storms

Old 05-02-10, 12:45 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
TN storms

Hey all you guys in NE Tenn (Marksr and others), be careful. This thing is nasty. Ran over the top of us, thankfully. Hope you fare well. Let us know.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-10, 12:52 PM
If there is bad enough flooding and FEMA comes in like they did in Southeast CT, will the president deny funding to homeowners while allowing money for government offices like he did here, even though some bridges washed out and some folks had 5 feet of water in their basements at the end of March. Water damage demo can be fun.

Old 05-03-10, 05:10 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I know further west in tenn they got hit really hard. Saw a video on the news last night of a portable class room passing submerged cars/trucks along the highway

They said that part of tenn had the wettest spring on record but here we have a 4" deficit The rain is definitely welcome although I pray we don't get as much as our neighbors to the west.

Old 05-03-10, 02:45 PM
Haven't heard from Ken, yet. Hey, Wirepuller, you out there? Hopefully with better weather for a few days, help can be ushered in as the water subsides.

Old 05-04-10, 04:11 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
We only got about an inch of rain although that was enough to jump start my garden ...... and wash out some of my driveway

Old 05-04-10, 03:29 PM
Oh, puleeeze!! My driveway looks like my garden after setting rows!!! Gotta get the scrape blade and do it again. Called my gravel guy to bring a few loads in. Most of mine is in the creek. Got about 1/4 mile to do.

Old 05-05-10, 04:51 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Ya, my driveway is also close to .3 mile long. It, like the rest of my 16 acres is all slate rock. Makes it hard to get stuff to grow but does provide a good driveway base

The tractor work is fairly easy but that's not all it will take. I have 2 drain tiles that cross my driveway, both are plugged/buried by gravel and slate. That means loading the front bucket with a shovel

Search this Thread