Do you, family or friends, have lost money coming?

Old 05-06-10, 04:48 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Do you, family or friends, have lost money coming?

Last night I spent a long time researching names of such people. Unfortunately, I, nor family members do. But for a friend, between me and him, found 3 people that do. They are all his cousins.

I called up one and told her, and she got really excited - and I coached her how to get to the site over the phone. Another couz has $1100 coming, he found out, when he then called the State dept., in charge of this - and he has no job right now!

For the fun of it, I typed in Johnson, and got MANY here in EC, who have money coming! Some of the named people may be dead. But then you can contact other people, whether you know them or not, with that last name, to see if they are related and rightful heirs.

A few minutes ago, I left word on this one woman's answering machine telling her that if she is THE right Wendy (Wendy M. XXXXXX), that she has money from a checking account that belongs to her - and told her who I was - and told her of the website - and that this is not a joke -a gov't program.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-10, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator
I have checked, but nope, zilch, nada. Unless it was for my parents or my kids, I sure as heck wouldn't spend or waste my time looking to find money for anyone else.
Guess I'm not that nice! Beer 4U2

Old 05-07-10, 10:35 AM
Yes, I have something over $100. being held by the state of Washington. They want proof that the address listed is connected to me but do not state what is acceptable proof. It is the address where I grew up and I haven't lived there since the mid 1970's. I might have a federal tax return with that date but so far I haven't pursued the matter.

Old 05-07-10, 05:57 PM
So far we have found 5 or 6 of people related, or friends.

It is fun just to type in say common name in your city, and see the number of people with that name, that have money coming. We have done that and called up a few. Never know. If they have $1,000 or more coming, maybe they will send you $5.

Sure bearts having to sound intelligent writing an advice column of 300+ words, and only getting $25 for it.

Old 05-07-10, 07:31 PM
Group Moderator
ecman51` did you include an URL and a mod removed it?

Old 05-08-10, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by ray2047 View Post
ecman51` did you include an URL and a mod removed it?
No. I thought if I did, I might get removed.

I can write you an article all about it, if you send me $25!

There are likely various sites you can go to. That one informercial guru says there are like 50 places you can go. (I wonder). But one in particular I came upon and it is tied in with the State. I will take PM's. My friend has since found MORE people(that are relatives, or relatives of friends of the relatives) that have money coming, and has been calling them up to tell them.

Old 05-09-10, 07:00 AM
In Georgia it is tied to our Department of Revenue. I just googled "georgia-unclaimed-funds" and their site came up. They did warn of "locators" who do it for a fee, however. It is too easy to do it yourself.