deleted posts

Old 08-03-10, 12:05 PM
deleted posts

Why are you mods deleting my posts about the counterfeit circuit breakers in the ACDC forum. Yes i posted it in the recall forum but it was suggested I post it in the ACDC as it is a fire hazard. What is the big deal.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-10, 03:26 AM
Group Moderator
Try sending a PM to moderator shadeladie and ask her why. I can understand deleting one post if it is an obvious duplicate or double post but I do not see example of that in the thread.

Old 08-04-10, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator
I deleted it because duplicates aren't allowed. It's in the forum rules policy. If I let you post duplicates, then I have to let others do the same.

Pilot Dane, the other post is in the Safety Awareness topic.
http://forum.doityourself.com/safety...-breakers.html

Old 08-04-10, 06:58 AM
Group Moderator
You've got a good memory to catch that.

Old 08-04-10, 07:20 AM
Group Moderator
I would agree if it was a help post but it isn't. It is a safety information post that would have value in at least three relevant forums, Safety, Lighting, Electrical. Perhaps even stickied in those forums.

Last edited by ray2047; 08-04-10 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-04-10, 08:42 AM
I agree that when the topic is safety it might be better to allow the post anywhere it is appropriate.

I never read the Safety Awareness Forum and I'm sure I'm not alone. Actually I wasn't aware it existed. Since that is a non interactive forum what is the probelm with a duplicate in the electrical forum where it would get the attention it deserves?

Old 08-04-10, 10:44 AM
Group Moderator
I never read the Safety Awareness Forum and I'm sure I'm not alone. Actually I wasn't aware it existed. Since that is a non interactive forum what is the probelm with a duplicate in the electrical forum where it would get the attention it deserves?
Never knew it was there either. I'm thinking perhaps the mod moved based on title rather then content. Just an honest mistake.

Old 08-04-10, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator
No, I didn't move anything. Flirty posted in the Safety topic originally, then posted the duplicate in Electrical.
Sorry, but I don't make the rules, I just follow them and enforce them. They're not my rules to change.

Old 08-04-10, 11:38 AM
Group Moderator
Guess I'll delete my own reply to that because my answer violates Goodwin's Rule. and I don't want to loose posting privaleges.

Old 08-04-10, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator
You guys that don't read other areas just need to broaden your horizons...lol. Heck...I at least look at almost everything.....course I probably have more free time than most of ya's.

btw...I didn't remember the Safety forum either...lol

Old 08-08-10, 09:04 AM
Admin Emeritus
Arrow Duplicate Posts Clarification

Duplicate Posts Clarification:

Pertains to questions. Posting the same question on the same subject in multiple forum topics is what is frowned upon... I. E. duplicates....

Since the post in question isn't a question AND pertains to a safety matter and/or safety concern, some flexibility to the rule can/must apply. The post can then be allowed to be in multiple form topics that it pertains to.

Fact is: I remember soft deleting the 2 replies to that post and may have even closed it, when I found it in non interactive topic. Where it should be and/or can be posted based upon the subject matter.

I may have even copied it into an electrical forum topic.... but now forgot I even did it....

I'll be able to determine if I copied it into that topic and/or any others soon as this post uploads.

Bottom Line:

Some flexibility must be allowed based upon the subject matter. While not allowing for duplicate postings of questions in multiple forums. Which some members do. That's not allowed....

Nor should it be a sticky all by itself. Heavens NO. Already got enough of them, IMO. But it can be added to any existing sticky pertaining to a safety matter and/or cautionary sticky and/or a doing it yourself sticky.

Got so many existing stickies everywhere already even I don't always bother to check'em....

Old 08-08-10, 09:49 AM
Group Moderator
Originally Posted by Sharp Advice View Post
Duplicate Posts Clarification:....
Thank you for clearing that up. What you say makes sense and is just what others were saying.