user CP: please bring it back!

Old 09-23-10, 04:18 AM
user CP: please bring it back!

Please return userCP to its original position. I use that button very frequently and having to drill down to a submenu is just agonizing

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-10, 03:45 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Curious...why do you use User CP? I don't think, except when I signed up that I have ever clicked on it. Maybe a time or two to add stuff. Can't imagine doing it "often".
I'm staying mute on the changes. Sucks....Oh, there I go again....I just can't help it!

Old 09-23-10, 04:45 PM
what other way is there to track all the threads you have across all forums or even dig up an old one you subscribed to a few months ago? (easily)

if there's another way of doing it from the main menu bar, i'm all ears

Old 09-23-10, 04:51 PM
OH, I see. I just go through the forums. I kinda remember what threads I have either started or answered. You can "subscribe" to certain forums, and I believe you will get an email when someone answers a thread you were involved in . I'm not sure how that works. Others will be better versed on that. I know on the Volvo forum, similar to what we "had", I inadvertently subscribed to my thread and everytime someone posts something, I get an email.
But to get to your threads, all you do is click on My Profile and there are clickables on that page.

Old 09-23-10, 05:21 PM
Lucky, I just found Larry's (Chandler) posts. So what's the problem? Just mouse click over your (blue) username, click, and select that choice on the pop up selection to view the posts(on all DIY threads) you have been making, in order of when you made them. Any new responses from others, since you made your last post, will also be with them. To actually look at those posts, just click over the thread title.

Old 09-23-10, 06:22 PM
but how do you find threads you subscribed to but never posted in? There are topics i know i'm interested, either currently or down the road with projects, and i've subscribed to them.

Old 09-24-10, 02:58 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The bar just above your 1st post shows a button for thread tools, click on it and then subscribe to the thread..... or have I misunderstood what you're trying to do?

Old 09-24-10, 04:28 AM
basically under the new format, under Quick Links, there's a button Subscribed Threads.

this used to be user CP and was at the left most part of the menu, a great place where i used it pretty much every single time i logged on. Now i not only have to go to right side of the screen, it's down one sub menu

I'm truly amazed that i'm the only one in the world that ever used this button , but i guess thats why they buried it. if it was that important and used by a lot of people surely it would be on the main bar. I cant believe the 'new posts' button is used all that often that it deserves such a premium spot. It would drive me nuts wading thru new posts from "All" forums every time i logged back on. Just is not how my brain works i guess. I need the filter of only showing the threads i've subscribed to

too bad there cant be a menu with 'movable' buttons like in word and excel

Old 09-24-10, 11:51 AM
Group Moderator
Well I just discovered I can't find any of my posts made after the 17th of this month by clicking on the link in my profile to show all my threads.

Old 09-24-10, 11:59 AM
Group Moderator
Not being able to see recent posts is a bug the IT folks are working on

Old 09-24-10, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by ray2047 View Post
Well I just discovered I can't find any of my posts made after the 17th of this month by clicking on the link in my profile to show all my threads.
Me too. Where did they go?

I liked the board just fine the way it used to be. It looks more 'busy' now. And the board is still slow compared to another forum I go to. I wish all the energy was put into making the board faster. I even liked the old smiley's better.

Old 09-24-10, 05:41 PM
Slow?! I thought it was my brain. Glad to know it isn't all my fault. Yeah, I liked the old speed, old format and it still has bugs. Hey, maybe they fixed the Standard Time time stamp thingy. You know, in the fall we fell backwards and the forum kept trudging along until spring on the wrong time?? I don't like having to click back so many times to get back to the forum list after making a post.
BUT, smarter people than me are running the show, and no one so far has asked my opinion. So I'll keep it to myself
And you're only "online" when you open a thread. Otherwise you are "offline". I'm OK with that.

Old 09-24-10, 05:54 PM
I reject the new smileys. ← what the heck is that thing? Does that convey anger or a pouty attitude? Can't tell.

All this new work and we still have the stupid pubic hare smiley that no one in there right mind has any use for unless they're drunk.

Old 09-24-10, 06:13 PM
The "Settings" link in the top nav next to "My Profile" links to the User CP page.

Old 09-25-10, 10:13 AM
It's driving me so nuts, I can't hardly stand posting here now. Too much time goes by. Am not accomplishing enough, fast enough. It loads slow, it scrolls down on me all by itself, then causing me to have to scroll way back up when it finally lets me, when posting replies, I get a "quick reply" area that first appears, then the computer reloads and up comes the regular posting area. Add all these things together and it quickly becomes supper time when it should have only been lunch time.

At first I thought maybe my personal settings, or soemthing, were the cause - but it is doing this same stuff on 2 different computers at separate addresses.

Old 09-25-10, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator
I'm really not noticing any of the issues with speed, text format problems or anything else. The overall format (colors, layout, etc) needs some tweaking....but the WAY it's working seems ok.

Old 09-25-10, 12:22 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
"when posting replies, I get a "quick reply" area that first appears, then the computer reloads and up comes the regular posting area"

Are you clicking the 'reply to thread' button and then using the quick reply? The quick reply box is already loaded [under the last post], you don't have to click anything to get to it.

The site also seems to be a little slower to me

Old 09-25-10, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by marksr View Post
"when posting replies, I get a "quick reply" area that first appears, then the computer reloads and up comes the regular posting area"

Are you clicking the 'reply to thread' button and then using the quick reply? The quick reply box is already loaded [under the last post], you don't have to click anything to get to it.

The site also seems to be a little slower to me
No, I am clicking "Quote". Then up comes the shorty open paragrapgh area that says Quick reply. This time it just stayed quick reply, without reloading and going to that regular normal-size reply area.

This forum is immensely slow, even on my boss's nice computer I was using a short bit ago. So much so it makes me nervous that I can't accomplish enough here, fast enough. The day is half gone already.

Now if Vic's is not particularly slow, then would mean that both me and marksr and others may have something slowing our computers, that are caused by our username or password? Because that is the only thing I am doing on my boss's computer is typing in my username and password. I never touched anything else regarding his "settings".

Old 09-25-10, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator
Well...you guys are further east...no clue if server location would make any difference. My connection isn't particularly fast (10M nominal).

I'm also using FF with ABP...might want to check if the ads are slowing you somehow?

Old 09-25-10, 02:41 PM
Watch the member count. We're linked to facebook now.
There'll be high traffic times ecman. I think that's something you may notice.
I still don't like the new "Javascript" look.

Search this Thread