"New Posts List" Hard to read

Old 09-23-10, 08:33 AM
Group Moderator
"New Posts List" Hard to read

When you choose the "New Posts" button the titles of the threads and whatever it is to the right of them look horizontally chopped off. I thought maybe it was the size of my text and reduced it but got the same result. I thought it was a problem of the search function that produces the list but running a regular search there is no problem with thread titles.

Here's what I see:

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-10, 08:43 AM
Group Moderator
What browser and version? I'm using IE 8 and do not have this problem

Old 09-23-10, 09:00 AM
Group Moderator
I am running FF 3.6.6 and everything appears ok. There is a little text overlap on the right side but it is NBD to me.

Old 09-23-10, 09:18 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I'm using firefox and its working fine for me ..... and I have mine set up for larger print [but not that large] The only thing I don't see without scrolling to the right side is the advertisements

Old 09-23-10, 10:06 AM
Group Moderator
Using Seamonkey. Will test in Firefox but don't really want to use it. Yep, it is fine in Firefox. Guess I'll just have to live with it. Thanks all for the replies.

At least I don't have to side scroll any more to read posts. That is a good thing and I'm very happy with that. Now if we could just get signatures, off site personal avatars, and unlimited edit time for established contributors.

Last edited by ray2047; 09-23-10 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-23-10, 03:01 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Ray, posts look chopped in half to me, too.

I don't think any forum wants unlimited edit time because after you first post, if you change your post after a lot of people have already responded, it can make the responders look they do not know what they are talking about.

Old 09-23-10, 03:41 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Firefox with Adblockplus extends the right side of the screen since there are no advertisements. It could be the font selection, too. Stevie Wonder could read that big print!!

Old 09-24-10, 02:51 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Originally Posted by ecman51` View Post

, if you change your post after a lot of people have already responded, it can make the responders look they do not know what they are talking about.

Another reason for the time limit on editing your post is it keeps the spammers from going back and adding their advertising to a post they made earlier.

Old 09-24-10, 06:56 PM
Group Moderator
Update: I have been using Firefox and there is still a problem. It is less chopped off but any part of a letter below the line doesn't show and only one line of the subject shows. I don't read every one and between no full title and the forum it's in not showing it makes it tough to determine if it is one I want to read.

Old 09-25-10, 10:54 AM
Does not work with opera

Seamonkey now, but I used to use opera to view the forums. Anyone using opera now???? The new software upgrade seems to have totally ruined the rendering with opera, which used to be quite passable.