One Way To Handle Spam

Old 10-06-10, 10:12 AM
Group Moderator
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-10, 01:52 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The fine was only a little over $4 million but he's supposed to pay facebook $1 billion. That's all fine a good but will anyone collect any money - he's already filed for bankruptcy

Several years ago my wife worked for an agency that never paid her She took him to court and got a $1600 judgment..... but how do you spend that.

Old 10-06-10, 02:35 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
In the brokerage business I heard last night some guy was fined over $1B for infractions. His salary was $37,000 per year. They said it would take him 173,000 years to pay it back with interest accumulated. Where's Ponce de Leon and the fountain of youth when you need it?

Old 10-07-10, 10:11 AM
When I get phone calls form the alleged firefighters or police funds (legitimate ones never do phone calls) or something like that, I just say that the person they are asking for is in rehab for a few years. Amazing how they never call back after that.

Old 10-07-10, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by marksr View Post
Several years ago my wife worked for an agency that never paid her She took him to court and got a $1600 judgment..... but how do you spend that.
??? I'd find a way. ??? .............

Old 10-07-10, 05:52 PM
If the judgment was from a Small Claims Court then most likely the court does NOT have any means of enforcing the judgment. If it was from a Superior (general) court then there IS a process where through further court action you can seize property (or garnish wages) of the person not complying with the court order. Unfortunately, it will cost more in attorney fees to get the seizure or garnishment order.

Old 10-08-10, 04:00 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The case was complicated because it crossed state lines. The judgment is good for 20 yrs and can be renewed by paying a fee at that time. Basically all it says is he can not buy or sell property without first satisfying the judgment. The guy is a crook and now operates his business in his wife's name so unless he sells his house or forgets and tries to buy property in his name.......

Search this Thread