Garage door

Old 10-12-10, 11:18 AM
Garage door

I saw a new style of garage door yesterday. It was a sectioned, steel double wide door with windows. The bottom two sections were bulged out at least two feet. On one side all the windows were broken.

I wonder why somebody doesn't market a "Hey dummy, the door is still closed" device.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-10, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator
Those are the new specially reinforced "bulgy" doors....they flex in high winds and the missing windows relieve air pressure....lol.

Seriously..I think they already make such a "door closed device"...it's called a mirror!

Actually...makes me wonder if someone was working on a car/tractor/buggy or something and knocked it into gear or it rolled off the ramps.

Old 10-12-10, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator
Just wanted to note...I remembered after posting. Had a customer who came in to replace his Moms door as the old wooden one was falling apart, needed a quick install since she was elderly and had walking issues. Got it done the next day (wow..that never happens!) since it was a stock door. A week later he was back, Mom had backed into it. Needed it replaced again but not as quick since Mom wasn't allowed to drive anymore.

Old 10-12-10, 02:48 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Wifey never hit the garage door, but Saturn mirrors are expensive. She had a bad habit of turning her wheel when she began to back out.....BAM..... mirror time. I continually explained to her, you drove in straight, you can back out straight.
Solved that stuff. She parks "more conveniently" under one of those metal carports out back....still pulls too close to the uprights, but I give up. I park the motorcycle in the garage.

Old 10-12-10, 03:10 PM
I bought one of those garage parking lights for my wife's side of the garage when I built it. I was afraid she would hit one of the two lally posts supporting the 2nd floor beam.

Guess who hit the post?

Chandler - Have you priced PU truck side mirrors? A couple of years ago I kissed mirrors with a guy on a narrow country road. Scared the crap out of me (big noise at a 80 MPH closing speed) and totalled both our mirrors. After seeing the on line price for a replacement I ended up in a junkyard.

Old 10-12-10, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Wayne Mitchell View Post
I wonder why somebody doesn't market a "Hey dummy, the door is still closed" device.
They market vehicles with - 'something/someone is behind you' warning system - or camera.

Old 10-12-10, 07:26 PM
Wayne, yeah, hers were electric and heated. I'd hate to replace one of those electric, heated, and expanding ones for trailering on a PU.

Search this Thread