"Post Reply" rant

Old 10-13-10, 06:42 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
"Post Reply" rant

This has happened to me a few times since the new forum software was uploading. I click on "Quick reply" on someones post, type out my response, then click the large blue "Reply to Thread" button and everything I typed disappeared and a new reply box opens.

The button is not very strategically placed at all. If someone is typing a quick reply, that button needs to be moved or inactivated.

Screenshot below. Sorry for quality.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-10, 07:32 PM
You should have hit the "post quick reply" button instead. Not sure why the blue "reply to thread" button stays on the screen, but it would start you all over again.

Old 10-13-10, 07:33 PM
i was going to post THE SAME RANT yesterday.
but i didn't feel like typing

i have blown a few replies because of that. and, as it turned out, they were kind of lengthy. i HATE when that happens

Old 10-14-10, 04:50 PM
It does it to me, too -willy nilly.

One minute, when I hit the quote button(so I can type a reply, with quote included), up comes all the blue lines and it says post quick reply. Then when I type, I can type a whole long sentence and no words show up.Then boom, the entire sentence I typed shows up on delay.

I refuse now to respond if I see that quick reply short paragraph area show up. I'll go back and try again.

The way the normal way is - yes, at first that quick reply empty paragraph area shows up, but then should disappear and make way for the larger paragraph area that will appear. When I post on IT, everything is fine.

When I came on board tonight, a couple of the first posts went to the larger paragraph area. Good. But then a little later again, it went back to it's old tricks and brought up that smaller paragraph quick reply area with the posts above it that are blue. Then it later switched back to letting that larger paragraph area come up, that gives me no problems when I type.

Old 10-15-10, 09:38 AM
Group Moderator
I only use the quick reply and have never had this problem, though I hit the tab key when I'm done typing to select the post quick reply button and then press enter to post my response, since I hate using the mouse