Changing my screen name.

Old 10-16-10, 10:20 AM
Changing my screen name.

Is there any way that a moderator (super-moderator, administrator) can change my screen name while keeping all my posts intact? I don't really want to change the name, just capitalize the first letter. If not, I'll live.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-10, 12:42 PM
Group Moderator
Above my pay grade; will have to see if shadeladie, et al, can do it at the Super level.

Old 10-16-10, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator
Same here..............this is a job for Tom, aka Sharp Advice.
He has the really big gun!

Just pm him and he will if he can.

Greg

Old 10-16-10, 03:20 PM
you should change it to Cheby.

but really. i would like to know. as some day, HOPEFULLY(doubtfully ) soon, i would like to change mine to "house-owner"

Old 10-16-10, 06:17 PM
Furd

There ya go. I did it for ya.
Glad I could help.

lol, sorry couldn't help myself.

Old 10-17-10, 04:27 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by condo-owner View Post
you should change it to Cheby.

but really. i would like to know. as some day, HOPEFULLY(doubtfully ) soon, i would like to change mine to "house-owner"
This is funny. And I too figured furd must have a Furd. I have a Dudge.

house-owner? - with no capital h?

Old 10-17-10, 07:02 PM
i just typed that quickly, wasn't being particular.

after this place sells, we are moving in with my wifes mom.
so perhaps i should change it to "limbo-owner" or MIL- owned" , first.
then house-owner.

Old 10-17-10, 10:53 PM
And I too figured furd must have a Furd. I have a Dudge.
Sorry, you lose.

First car was a Fiat Spyder (1974). Second car was a Dodge (Mitsubishi) D-50 (1980). Third car was a Toyota Camry (1987). Fourth car was a Dodge something, the name escapes me but the car was a POS (1996) so I traded it in after one year for the 1997 Toyota Camry I have now. That Dodge was the most irritating car I ever owned and had more rattles at 10,000 miles than my present Toyota at 150,000 miles.

Old 10-19-10, 10:33 AM
As all can see, the change to a capitalized screen name worked!

Thank you Sharp Advice.

Old 10-19-10, 01:56 PM
Group Moderator
Congrats on the upgrade, Furd.

Old 10-19-10, 05:31 PM
Darn!! now I'm gonna have to change my avatar to keep up with furd.....I mean Furd. Or is it Mr. Furd?

Old 10-20-10, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by Furd View Post
Sorry, you lose.

That Dodge was the most irritating car I ever owned and had more rattles at 10,000 miles than my present Toyota at 150,000 miles.
Ha. If you and ASE MASTER, from our own automotive forum ever got together, you could make quite the nice car - your old Dodge and Michelin tires he could put on for you.

Old 10-20-10, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
Darn!! now I'm gonna have to change my avatar to keep up with furd.....I mean Furd. Or is it Mr. Furd?
Or President Furd.

chandler, what's stopping you from going with the big C? Why did you choose the small c?

Old 10-20-10, 04:46 PM
It's DOCTOR Furd! I have an honorary Ph,D in trivia that I gave myself.

Oh, I finally remembered, that Dodge was a Stratus. Certainly typified the Bundymobile in my mind. I never did find the oil filter on that beast, just took it to JiffyLube for oil and filter changes. The only car I never did oil changes on myself. I never checked the battery either as it required removing the left-front tire and an access cover in the wheel well.

Old 10-20-10, 05:43 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by Furd View Post
It's DOCTOR Furd! ....
Do you see what it's already doing to him? How it's already taken hold? A black day for doityourself dot com forums. A black day indeed.

Old 10-21-10, 03:45 AM
Dave, I had no intention of doing any more than asking a question when I started, so, since I was accustomed to typing lower case for my email address, I just used it in my screen name. BUT, since I don't have the honorary PhD like Dr. Furd, I'll just have to sit back and take it.

Old 10-21-10, 05:44 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
"I had no intention of doing any more than asking a question when I started"

Isn't that how most of us got started here?

I tried to give myself an honorary doctorate but I failed the application

Old 10-21-10, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by marksr View Post
"I had no intention of doing any more than asking a question when I started"

Isn't that how most of us got started here?

I tried to give myself an honorary doctorate but I failed the application
When you hit 20,000 posts here, someone should give you an honorary somethingoranother .

Old 10-21-10, 06:38 PM
I just joined to lurk and get a feel for the thought process of other handy man inclined types. I was getting frustrated with how I went about things. So I needed to see how others were going about doing things. I wasn't yet at the point where I was ready to ask others how to do something. But I've matured since then. <-- pronounced with the "t" sound.

Old 10-22-10, 03:29 PM
I don't know about all you, but I joined because of the paycheck they send me every week for my contributions.

Old 10-22-10, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator
$.02 a week? lol

lada lada...25 characters....

Old 10-22-10, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by mickblock View Post
I just joined to lurk and get a feel for the thought process of other handy man inclined types. I was getting frustrated with how I went about things. So I needed to see how others were going about doing things. I wasn't yet at the point where I was ready to ask others how to do something. But I've matured since then. <-- pronounced with the "t" sound.
Always ask yourself what is the quickest and easiest first steps to do. There is a certain knowledge though that you already have to possess to even know what is the quickest and easiest thing to do even is.

If you are young, there is no way you can begin to know everything without learning as you go. It also helps to have an analytical mind, with an aptitude for mechanics in general. You can scour through handyman books with illustrations and all that - but to actually comprehend and remember what you are reading, can be a challenge.

It also pays not to be so proud as to not ask others about that which you do not know. There are cases where you can know just enough to be dangerous.

It pays to have a certain amount of common sense, also. For example, you may deem it unwise to caulk around a second floor toilet. Or to make sure silicone spray overspray does not get on a linoleum floor that people walk on. Or not to dust the furniture till after you vacuum. Or not to trust what the labeling at the circuit breaker says, when working on a circuit. (I could go on and on with this, but you get the picture). You almost have to ask yourself what could go wrong, before you act.

Old 10-23-10, 06:01 AM
As stated here many times....the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. I'd rather have redundant questions asked (like in the lighting forum and ceiling fan installation....what redundancy!) than to have someone get hurt or burn their house down.
I think Ray, Pulpo and some of the others have the patience of Job when dealing with the same stuff in ceiling fans. I think it could have it's own forum and survive!!

Old 01-19-11, 04:01 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
lily - if you had read the entire thread before posting you'd realize that furd was successful in changing his screen name to Furd. While changing your screen name isn't something the administration would take lightly, under the right circumstances it can be done.

Search this Thread